• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless of course you flew a King Air C90 for a little while and knew the right people...then the "rules" were somehow different. Yep, pretty prestigious outfit alright. What a pathetic joke.

Wasn't that C-90 some kind of quasi flow through NJI had going? Got hired into the K-Air then if they "liked" you, you put the big boy pants on? It's been so long ago...

Gonna need a ruling on this...Gutshot?

Wasn't that C-90 some kind of quasi flow through NJI had going? Got hired into the K-Air then if they "liked" you, you put the big boy pants on? It's been so long ago...

Gonna need a ruling on this...Gutshot?

That's how four or five pilots ended up in the Gulfstream back in the day. They all had ATP and higher than average total time, just no type ratings. We did have another two or three, quite frankly, unqualified pilots slip in through the employee entrance. Not gonna lie. But none of them lasted very long and the average experience level once upon a time was around 9-10,000 hours and three turbojet type ratings. In the early days you HAD to have a G-IV rating or you didn't get the gig. Period.

Does NJ hire directly into the G550 from off the street? 10000 total, GV/550 type, over a 1000 in type?

Not seriously looking but who knows in this economy at the moment.

Does NJ hire directly into the G550 from off the street? 10000 total, GV/550 type, over a 1000 in type?

Not seriously looking but who knows in this economy at the moment.

No, sir. They have a union and a seniority list. You get it when you can hold it.... Which, in the case of the G550, would be decades from now... They've got a shiney new phenom with your name on it. Well, ateast the right seat of it anyway.

I forgot to mention that none of the above applies if you choose to become management.

I didn't think so. I have zero interest in management, even though I do have a MBA. I would rather fly in China or the sandbox before I would do that crap.

If I can just point an airplane for another 14 years until I retire for the last time, I will be good.

I didn't think so. I have zero interest in management, even though I do have a MBA. I would rather fly in China or the sandbox before I would do that crap.

If I can just point an airplane for another 14 years until I retire for the last time, I will be good.

You went through the trouble and expense of obtaining an MBA but you'd rather not do that "crap?"

Might make some sense. I knew a few Alpha model 58 guys back in the day and a lot of them seemed willing to do just about anything to get out of that pig :)

Scout's out and if you ain't Cav - well, you know the rest.

If you want to get promoted in the USAF you got to have a Master's, it is as simple as that. My MBA did allow me to teach for ERAU and probably was partially responsible for getting me my current job, but unless a meteorite hits our hangar I will be doing my current job until I'm downsized or retired.

BTW, I flew with 11th ACR Black Horse Cav while stationed with the 3rd ID in Germany 83-87. Good times and crazy pilots....

Last edited:
If you want to get promoted in the USAF you got to have a Master's, it is as simple as that. My MBA did allow me to teach for ERAU and probably was partially responsible for getting me my current job, but unless a meteorite hits our hangar I will be doing my current job until I'm downsized or retired.

BTW, I flew with 11th ACR Black Horse Cav while stationed with the 3rd ID in Germany 83-87. Good times and crazy pilots....

Congrats on the AF gig. I was Attack so I wasn't, well you know the rest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back