NetJet is gonna EXPLODE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel

Well I hope getting rid of the lowest 150 on the seniority isnt on the agenda!!!! I am just inside that 150 mark per the latest seniority list. Did they drop the 60 aircraft scheduled for this year?

Speculation on what may happen or not as a result of war with Iraq is nothing more than just that... SPECULATION... If the terrorists of the world had there way the entire economy would be shut down and as a result, even the mighty fractionals would eventually suffer. "Cutting costs to pay for the pilot contract"... Like what... taking away perdiem, health benefits, nice hotels or pay-cuts to management? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Diesel said:
I even work for NJA and i think the above is a little flame bait and a little too optomistic. I enjoy steady growth not explosion growth.

Falcon Capt-

While I enjoy reading your posts I think your pretty far off the mark when it comes to our pay. Sure there might be thousands of pilots on the streets but that doesn't help the company. Sure it puts a cloud over negotiations but it doesn't really mean much.

The company has 5 year contracts with the owners. There are over 1900 pilots right now. Yes we are about 150 fat so they could get rid of 150 and it wouldn't affect service. After that though the company operates on high utilization of the pilots.

Owners still require flights to be flown and they can hold the company to this because of their contract. Selling off flights are not a long term option. Some owners won't even accept anything less than a QS tail number.

It takes about 6 months for a pilot to go through indoc to end up on the line after IOE. That's just as an FO. The company has learned their lesson with the new hire PIC's.

We might not have anywhere to run off to but the company has no where to turn to. I guess you could say we have each other by the short curly ones.

Diesel....

I wasn't saying you guys don't deserve a decent raise... but the 80-100% figures I have seen NJA pilots throwing around I think is extremely optimistic... If you guys get 25% you probably should be thrilled....

Remember you may have each other by the short and curlys... But... if you have no where to run, they don't have to worry about training new hires... so they can pay you what they want, because you won't leave... Remember the old addage... he who holds the gold makes the rules... well the company holds the gold you guys want....

I'm in no way saying you guys are adequately paid.. quite the contrary... BUT I also do not see the company bending over and saying they will double everyones pay....

Re: Diesel

InstructorPuke said:
Well I hope getting rid of the lowest 150 on the seniority isnt on the agenda!!!! I am just inside that 150 mark per the latest seniority list. Did they drop the 60 aircraft scheduled for this year?

As far as I've heard it, NJ hired the majority of the last 200 pilots into the Ultra, so we can't furlough else the Ultra will be wildly understaffed. It's a classic rookie move. I think the company will have to hire more this year, because while most fleets are staffed well now, by mid-year we'll need a few more pilots here and there.

SSBJ in 2010, that's a fact...mark my words. The rest of been-there's post is babble.

I don't know what we're gonna get in our next contract, but I do know what we won't get and that's a 25% raise . For that matter I think the majority to nearly all the pilots at Netjets are sick of being the lowest paid pilots they know, with the possible exception of banner-towers. With that said I'm very confident that the next contract will not be below industry average. Above or how much above industry standard? Heck if I knew that I'd be good enough that I'd rich betting on sporting events.
Peace Out

Falcon Capt.

You have no idea!!!!!

Unfortunately people are looking at the fact that we are asking for a 100% raise and thinking that is rediculous. These are the same people who have no idea what we truly make therefore making the request more than resonable and completely fair. This request still does not measure up to our worth.

Take it for what its worth.

I just threw out the 150 number as a number. I know they have some extra guys but every week that number get's shorter. It's not going to happen i was just trying to present both sides.

I can garantee you I will walk before i accept 25 percent. I've got more respect for myself than accepting less because i should be happy to have a job. I'll go find something else to do and get paid a hell of a lot more than what I make here.

Just because other guys are out of work doesn't mean i should prostitute myself to keep my job.

We are setting an industry leading contract. We are doing other pilots no good by acccepting low wages. Even corporate guys will be affected if we accept a crappy wage. Our wages will bring down NBAA payscale's affecting guys like you falcon capt.

Let's stand up for ourselves and demand wages that earn respect not a snicker.

I do not believe for a minute that the NJA pilots will strike if all that is offered is a 25% pay raise.

Take a look at on of your owner contracts. See what is says about failure to provide service. It means that you can not strike anymore than the company can afford for you to strike.

STRIKE @ NJA?

Just a thought but with 135 ticket hanging on the wall can you strike. Under the Railroad Labor Act I don't think you'll be allowed to have a full out strike; maybe a secondary boycott, or a picket line. But where do you do that, Bridge Way? How many owners go through there? Your company affects the lives of to many VERY importent people in the the government and people with friends in high places to have a full out strike. Heck presidents have gotten involved in labor diputes with BASEBALL players.

Also if you'll walk at a 25% raise b/c you're worth more (and YOU ARE) you'll be walking into a very unfriendly economy, not many jobs for guys who can only fly airplanes. Don't be stupid the industry will turn around; stay where you are and behave yourself. You'll get what you deserve when the time comes.

Diesel said:
We are setting an industry leading contract. We are doing other pilots no good by acccepting low wages. Even corporate guys will be affected if we accept a crappy wage. Our wages will bring down NBAA payscale's affecting guys like you falcon capt.

Let's stand up for ourselves and demand wages that earn respect not a snicker.

Hmmmmm, what was the name of that company where the pilots were recently demanding "Industry Leading" raises?

Oh yeah, United Airlines, thats what they were called.

"FULL PAY TO THE LAST DAY!"

Good Luck boys and girls,
JetPilot500

Last edited:
YEAH.
Sure you guys are going to "walk"
where you walking to?...
all in a row to the unemplyment line? and dont think Warren does not know this..

125% raises....
I wish for you that was true, again you will be lucky to see 25%....LUCKY...
rememeber, this is a business....even at your low pay right now, how many of you are leaving??? How many are begging to take your job??? (none,lots)

Think you're going to get 125%???

I wouldn't go finance the 2nd home or the S600 Benz just yet....

Latest resources

Back