Net Vs Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EGLFO4LIFE

Currently I have a standing offer with both of these companies, and I am wondering if Netjets financial losses and talk of Buffet's successor being named should make me look a little stronger at Flex. Flex has some great people and aircraft, but I am very attracted to the benefits, compensation and work rules of NJ(who also has some great folks and aircraft). Comments would be appreciated.

EGLFO4LIFE said:
Currently I have a standing offer with both of these companies, and I am wondering if Netjets financial losses and talk of Buffet's successor being named should make me look a little stronger at Flex. Flex has some great people and aircraft, but I am very attracted to the benefits, compensation and work rules of NJ(who also has some great folks and aircraft). Comments would be appreciated.

Is this flamebait?

Real question. Sorry if it sounds ridiculous. I thought I had a great deal when I hired onto my current position and I was wrong, so I am really looking at everything very closely with this move. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

It sounds like you have looked closely at NJA's financial status, but I question if you have looked closely at Bombardier's financial status?

Has flex EVER MADE A DAMN PENNY? I think not. Did you also read the line in uncle warrens letter that said that netjets fleet was worth more than all the other fractionals combined?

I see what you are saying. They supposedly posted a modest profit this past year for whatever that's worth. I can't find any actual figures. In all honesty my decision is already made. I've spent the past three months doing all I can to get hired at NJ. I'm just looking once more before I leap.

be-400xpdriver said:
Has flex EVER MADE A dang PENNY? I think not. Did you also read the line in uncle warrens letter that said that netjets fleet was worth more than all the other fractionals combined?

I used to work in sales for the Bombardier Business Aircraft Division. It isn't as big of a deal for Flexjet to turn a profit vs. NetJets and the other Fracs because Flexjet is a virtual marketing tool for the sale of Bombardier airplanes. We sold many whole airplanes to Flexjet clients who could afford it or who flew too many hours per year for fractional to be cost effective.

Latest resources

Back