Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ArtVandalay said:
Gunfyter,

Sorry but, stick to flying and leave "business" to the business men. You are telling us nothing here. The math and numbers you quote are not that simple in real business. There are too many variables for you to be putting numbers out there like you know what you're talking about. You're no genius.

He's alot fuc&ing smarter than you.

Year to year profit / loss numbers are important. But you have to look at the big picture. I would imagine that Berkshire is probably pretty darn happy at this point. Here's why I think so...And please forgive me if the numbers are off, I don't remember the exact numbers...

If Mr. Buffett bought NJ for $800 million 1998, and the company is now worth $2 billion +, he has already theoretically made $1.2 billion (if and when he sells). Return on investment is what they call it. I would think the investment strategists for BH realize this and that is why they are hanging on. Once Europe gets going strong, NJA becomes more efficient, and we can keep our pilots happy NetJets as a whole will become profitable.

Sound logical?

SG

Yes Some Guy,

I am not currently making a profit in cash flow on my house. But the value of this house has gone up more than the total of the mortgage payments I have made since purchasing it.

I am as happy about this as WB should be with his increase in market value of NJ. Well he should be a little happier since NJ has gone up more than my has has.

"Wealthy people plan for generations, poor people plan for saturday night."

gunfyter said:
"Wealthy people plan for generations, poor people plan for saturday night."

Bingo! This type of thinking that WB posseses will be the sole reason NJA suceeds far, far into the future.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back