• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Vs Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Over 90% of the revenue increase in 2004 over 2003 resulted from theNetJets business where flight operations revenue increased just under $400 million and revenues from aircraft sales increasedabout $360 million.Revenues INCREASED $750 MILLION!!!! In ONE YEAR! HOLY CRAP.If thats the increase I wonder what the total revenue was. And before the new CBA their pilot payroll was only $120 million.

Buffet= 30+ billion and growing. NJA will be around for many years. The rest of the numbers just don't matter.
Flex has to depend on bombardiers product to be profitable. Plus a little undercutting.

Last edited:
So it would seem that the consensus is Net is better than Flex, is that what I'm hearing here??

I'm looking at both.

EGLFO4LIFE said:
Well, the decision has been made. It's NJ in the Citation X on the 20th of this month. Looking forward to it.

Good job. Were you offered other types as well? Enjoy the bat wing!

Ultra Grump said:
So then the next question should be: How well is Bombardier itself doing?

According to my former co-workers in sales, it seems they are doing well. But, well in this case is relative. You can access the financials on their website.

gunfyter said:
Oh I think the numbers do matter.

Blaming an 80 million dollar loss on union pilot salaries that totaled 120 million for 2000 pilots.... 60K each... is ... well preposterous.

To eliminate 80 M in losses from pilot salaries would require ave salary to be $20K per pilot.
Numbers matter to point, everybody wants that profit. I think if nja has a loss its not going to hurt as much as it would at flex if they had a sizable loss.

Gunfyter,

Sorry but, stick to flying and leave "business" to the business men. You are telling us nothing here. The math and numbers you quote are not that simple in real business. There are too many variables for you to be putting numbers out there like you know what you're talking about. You're no genius.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back