Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
some would some wouldn't

The I got mine ... that would be the non-union shop. Where would your buddies (former studs) be right now if they stayed at USAJet? Would they still be employed?
Lets hope you are right that everyone shares in the pain. It would be an encouraging sign in this era of self first. BTW Many of the USA Jet guys who left were senior enought they would still have jobs today.

Obviously, the "I got mine attitude" isn't popular with NJASAP pilots. Had it been, IBB would have failed and the junior pilots would still be stuck in one of the (previous) five Domiciles at lower wages.

On the subject of offering solutions, it has been very interesting to watch the process unfold from discussions-at-the-kitchen-table stage to a package of options that will be offered to employees throughout the Company. Obviously, RTS is pleased with the NJASAP leadership's contribution to the Joint Preventive Measures. I think the pilotgroup will respond with a participation level which reflects the cooperative spirit of the labor-management partnership.

Lets hope you are right that everyone shares in the pain. It would be an encouraging sign in this era of self first. BTW Many of the USA Jet guys who left were senior enought they would still have jobs today.
Why wouldn't all of them still be employed? Wouldn't everyone share the pain at the non-union shop? Or are you guys the "I got mine type"?

Jobs will be saved here because of the generosity of the company and the union members and non-bargaining support employees cooperating....

And ... thus far no furloughs have been asked for ....

Obviously if staffing levels are higher than current demand ... the company could furlough if they wanted to... to save money. These measures are PRO-ACTIVE to keep them from WANTING TO.

Last edited:
Anyone ever sail through the Panama Canal? I did a lifetime ago.

There are about 6 or 8 locks on each side of a massive lake. If each lock were full and they wanted to get each one down to half they would have to let water out of the lowest one, then bring water from the next one into the lowest one, and then bring water from the next one and so on.

A much faster way would be to bring most of the needed water out of each lock at the same time and then fine tune it with smaller amounts using the trickle down method.

Pretty abstract idea here, I know, but it seems like that is what NetJets is trying to do. Get the numbers down across the fleets and then fine tune if needed with smaller numbers.

Anyone ever sail through the Panama Canal? I did a lifetime ago.

There are about 6 or 8 locks on each side of a massive lake. If each lock were full and they wanted to get each one down to half they would have to let water out of the lowest one, then bring water from the next one into the lowest one, and then bring water from the next one and so on.

A much faster way would be to bring most of the needed water out of each lock at the same time and then fine tune it with smaller amounts using the trickle down method.

Pretty abstract idea here, I know, but it seems like that is what NetJets is trying to do. Get the numbers down across the fleets and then fine tune if needed with smaller numbers.

Whoa dude. Did you ever notice that clouds are shaped like animals and sometimes they change from a goat to a turtle.

Make sure you prepare for you next drug test.

.... These measures are PRO-ACTIVE to keep them from WANTING TO.

Correction: to keep them from NEEDING TO. Had NJA actually wanted to furlough pilots they could have done so already like other frac companies have recently done. Your mention of generosity and cooperation, Gunfyter, are spot on.

We're seeing a high return on the investment of time and effort put into the Labor-Management partnership. Success in this joint venture will pay huge dividends in the future. The resultant increases in loyalty, trust, etc would be the silver lining in this economic cloud.

Glass, I like analogies and I think your's is a fitting one for the situation. It does, indeed, appear to be the methodology they're using. To continue your water theme...:)

The smooth sailing previously enjoyed by the NJ families has been disrupted by economic storms. We've hit rough waters and the USS NetJets has sprung a leak. Now is the time for all hands to grab a bucket and start bailing together. Teamwork is the answer.

It's official...

nja will NOT furlough. If they had to, they would be not be pi$$ing away millions advertising at the derby.

On a side note, what's up with all the rappers at the race and why wasn't there a fly-over?

nja will NOT furlough. If they had to, they would be not be pi$$ing away millions advertising at the derby.

On a side note, what's up with all the rappers at the race and why wasn't there a fly-over?

You misunderstand JJ. I'll bet the advertising cost very little. Last year, RTS established a pension fund for all jockies injured on the job. They had no protections at all before that. He is also very much part of the "in" crowd along side the other owners.

Lots of those rappers fly with us, and a flyover would look bad when we offer carbon offsets at the same time. And our last flyover (IBT 1108) had something to do with a POSTA we shot down in 2004. Things have improved a bit since then. Ya gotta hand it to the boss. He's one slick guy.

JJ, I think it would be a mistake for junior NJ pilots to plan their future based on your observation. :erm: We've all heard that it takes money to make money, so advertising when you need to increase demand for your service does make sense. If it works--great. If not, NJA is still left with more pilots than they need to meet current demand. Who seriously expects to be paid to stay home more than the occasional day? After all, we're in an economic melt-down, not just the normal slow period.

Latest resources

Back