• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haha, what do you know about reality, YIP? Ask any of the NJA pilots whether being confrontational in 2005 was worth it.

I am going to bet he is a NJ guy who is happy with his job and like G4 sees more downside from messing with a good thing than upside by being confrontational. Again only a guess. But then again this is FI so we don't have to deal in reality.

Yeah, we heard the same thing back in '05. That worked out terribly for us (and all those who thought there was more bad than good that we would accomplish).

Guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Gret, thanks for the civil discourse. We won't agree on everything, but at least it can be discussed.

No problem...thank you...we all get smarter when we discuss matters openly and maturely.

It's certainly better in that respect on FI than on the union board.

G4,
Don't forget there is the NJFF to help you with hardships...donations mostly from union pilots. I too have sick, lame and dying relatives...all in town with me. One of which is about to be dropped in my lap. I suspect 3 yrs or so before anytging "big" happens in this process, so that's some time to build up for a strike in necessary, which would likely not even happen. The company is doing well. JH knows it and WB said it. Keep your hopes up and stay cohesive. The herd of smallish musk ox fight off predators by staying together and fighting. The wildebeest are easy prey because it's "every animal for itself" with them.
Yip,
how do you think working at NJA became "a good thing"? Hint: It was NOT managements generosity.

G4,
Don't forget there is the NJFF to help you with hardships...donations mostly from union pilots. I too have sick, lame and dying relatives...all in town with me. One of which is about to be dropped in my lap. I suspect 3 yrs or so before anytging "big" happens in this process, so that's some time to build up for a strike in necessary, which would likely not even happen. The company is doing well. JH knows it and WB said it. Keep your hopes up and stay cohesive. The herd of smallish musk ox fight off predators by staying together and fighting. The wildebeest are easy prey because it's "every animal for itself" with them.
Yip,
how do you think working at NJA became "a good thing"? Hint: It was NOT managements generosity.

Good post. However, my excellent treatment by NJI did nothing to dissuade me from my non union views. :)

Good post. However, my excellent treatment by NJI did nothing to dissuade me from my non union views. :)
I understand that. You don't work for NJI anymore though.

I understand that. You don't work for NJI anymore though.

I think as time progresses, that he'll feel that. I've heard from many a GLC crew that even some of the NJI people who went to CMH have been brainwashed. The sad reality is that the powers that be, that is the EMT..."A side" of the operation has little interest in working things like the old "I side" did....remember there was a day when even NJA was nonunion. Same with the dispatchers. The good old days of care for the employees are over. Our current EMT sees us as not more than liabilities/expenses, I heard it firsthand myself.
As much as I generally am not a big fan of unions, the unfortunate reality is sometimes they are just needed. It's the shops that use unionization to protect laziness and poor job performance that give them all a bad name. The past is the past, and I think the company's first offer will show loud and clear what they think of their pilots. And even the guys like GIV will see the sad reality. If the company had genuine care for those that make these profits that have been booming, the integration would have been a nonissue and nothing would have changed for them in terms of culture. And when the contract is blamed for anything, remember that this was the BEST we could get from them. The short-changing was not from our side, it was all we get the EMT to agree to.

I like my job, I like it a lot. I like putting a smile on the owners faces, I like the challenges and I like the places we see...and SL3 means nothing to me because I give my all to every single owner...just like Santulli said. That being said, job satisfaction does not make up for the losses of bankrupt airlines, closed flight departments and years of living on CFI wages for me....especially after being in the SIC seat for nearly 9 years and no upgrade for what...7 more?! We all heard it from WB and JH, NJA is doing well, very well. Fear tactics do not scare me into signing a POS. I do not expect $350,000 nor 24 days off a month, but I expect a salary and working conditions commensurate to my experience, performance and career risks. Union or no union, there has been little interest shown for that by our current EMT, and whether you are a union or nonunion guy, we must stand together. Not as an antagonistic group, but a group of professionals who know our VALUE to the company, and demand nothing less than a respectable contract. No pie in the sky, just what is fair. And if the company is so good, and the union is so bad, it should be easy....we shall all see.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back