Net Jets Savannah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jack Schitt said:
If you buy a new house in a different school district, are you forced to pay back taxes because your neighbor has lived there for 15 years and his money went to fund the new school that you will now enjoy?

No but you do not get Seniority over your neighbor either.

Thanks for reminding me why I never want to be anywhere near anything resembling a labor union again. I had forgotten how everyone wants to leverage the masses to suit their needs. I would ratherr get by on my own merit, skills and knowledge than use the threat of mass action to force someone to submit to my demands. I guess one can get what they want that way, but the price seems a little high to me.

Best of luck in making all this work. I just hope it doesn't become another Eastern.
We don't need another thousand pilots on the street that want to go to work for slave wages to support a faulty business model that then see they made a bad decision and organize to force the company to give them what they didn't have the cajones to demand up front.

Grizz said:
My real position on the subject is that they should have a choice to make up back dues to date of hire and retain the seniority # their date of hire would hold or not pay back dues and get a seniority number based on when they did start paying dues. That leaves the choice up to them and it doesn't penalize the guys that have been paying dues all along. I imagine somehow AA, you'll still see that as unfair to those poor guys at NJI.
QUOTE]

What a load. Non-union types pay equivalent union dues while working for a closed shop company because they supposedly enjoy the benefit from a collectively-bargained contract and working conditions. In your case, however, the opposite is true...you get paid LESS than those guys, with worse QOL. You're in purely punitive mode. Like I said before..pathetic, smug, union thuggery that does nothing to improve your own sad condition.

Oh well, enjoy your temporary power trip and hope that NJA works out for you, because your attitude sure isn't going to get you hired anywhere else where people actually make a living. The aviation world is pretty small.

The bottom line is that I have no say in this. It is a legal issue under the RLA and this one is as close to a slam dunk as it gets. The NJI guys had to know that when they signed on eventually they would be integrated. The had to realize that the NJA pilots were going to be in the power position when that happened. You can chastise me all you want but as far as I can tell, they made the poor decision to go there.

Grizz said:
The bottom line is that I have no say in this. It is a legal issue under the RLA and this one is as close to a slam dunk as it gets. The NJI guys had to know that when they signed on eventually they would be integrated. The had to realize that the NJA pilots were going to be in the power position when that happened. You can chastise me all you want but as far as I can tell, they made the poor decision to go there.

Well, if your whole world is viewed through a Union Prizm and nothing else, then it figures that's how you would see any decision. However, if your goal is to go to work as a pilot making a good salary, then there's no doubt which group made the poor decision...the unionized ones not being able to pay the bills locked into a crappy contract vs. the guys who made their own better deal in every respect.

You belong to the first group Griz, like it or not. Someone mentioned cajones before, or lack thereof, when signing on to work for someone offering slave wages then acting like someone "did it to them". If you didn't have any cajones then, no union will grow them for you later. THe only ones fooled into thinking it does are members of the 'Nad-less Choir you're preaching to.

Some other things to consider:
To the nay-sayers, should ex NJA pilots that jumped ship to NJI for a BBD be given their original NJA seniority number when re-integrated? No.

Don't be naive that it's only the NJA guys that are salivating (or have something to gain). When NJI thought the G200s were going to Bluffton, I talked to several NJI FOs who were salivating at the chance for a Captains bid in the "smaller" airplane. Upgrades in the GIVs take too long.

Back dues for what? There are several things including their 7/7 schedules that were brought about by our side of the house.

Not to mention the hotel committee - which ensures the quality of hotels they stay in, their current medical benefits, etc.

Mr Cat,

Let me explain something. IF NJI pilots were stapled to the bottom of the seniority list, what horrible fate would they face?

Right now they have NO possibility of holding any other type but the G-IV/V. Thats the reality today. They are already in the G-IV. They will stay in the G-IV. The only thing that seniority would mean to them is being able to bid the planes currently operated by NJA.

Npw I don't think they should be able to bid the BBJ or SSBJ before I do because if the companys are not merged they would NEVER get to do so anyway.

Nothing bad happens for them.

What happens for us is that the company cannot continue to treat us differently then they treat those in the Gulfstreams.

gunfyter said:
Right now they have NO possibility of holding any other type but the G-IV/V. Thats the reality today. They are already in the G-IV. They will stay in the G-IV.

A possibility I would like. If I were one of them, that would be fine with me as I would have signed on to fly a g4/g5, not something else. I would be very content to stay in a g4/gv. I would also be discontented if I had to go from a g4/g5 to a cessna or something similar. Why don't you just leave them alone. For all your union talk it sure is funny how you can't wait to screw them over.

I sure enjoy watching all you fractional guys get in these temper rages.

Hopefully you will suceed in driving the company in the ground,So the industry will go back to the way it was and real corporate pilots with real pay, can retain there old jobs back.

Latest resources

Back