• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Savannah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree Griz, met with TN last night for about three hours. He was glad to talk to the "critical voice against SU". We had a great talk and he confirmed the SC suit will happen soon. He also said he realized I am not Anti SU, just keeping them on their toes and he likes it. Also went over the plan for the next 5 months and I have to say I am now IMPRESSED. This critical voice is now silenced.

Grizz said:
GV - too late dude. Most of us saw your post anyway. Hope you like the new look of NJI in the next few months. I think you guys may be offered up by Santulli as his sacrificial lambs during the coming negotiations.

Pathetic thuggery driven by jealousness. Showing your class again I see, and still doesn't do a thing about you all agreeing to work for bottom-feeding wages, does it. It speaks volumes that pilots want to remain outside your union because the pay and benefits are better without one, and that you have to, as you admit, "force them" to join.

Here's a very basic concept for you to remember since you are a gung-ho union boy.....people are supposed to want to join a union because being a member offers a BETTER deal in terms of QOL and pay (not a worse one)...you know, advantges... than they could get on their own. The fact that you can't do that, and therefore must attempt to drag people down to your level through legal avenues instead, pretty much proves your goal is one driven by spite, and nothing else.

You WANT the sacrificial lambs Griz, and that shows your true colors. Of course if you get them, that will just solidify your sucky wages because mngmt "gave you something". Good luck paying your bills with that empty victory if it happens. Of course, you might be able to blugeon your way into a Gulfstream seat you'll otherwise never see there, or anywhere else. Have fun being babysat.

Grizz said:
AA-

Might want to do a little research into how that place came to be and you'd realize the seat grab already occured. It wasn't us doing the grabbing. I won't say that Local 284 and some of our elected leaders didn't play a role in that.. but those guys are gone now. But hey, don't let anyone confuse your perceptions with the facts.

Revisionist history from someone who wasn't even there.

Griz--You can rationalize this any way you want. Every single post I've seen on this subject by a NJA pilot is dripping with saliva over the Gulfstreams going to NJA and the pilots going to the bottom of the list.

This is abhorrent. Pilots went to NJA and NJI knowing the situation. Sure, NJI was set up from the beginning as a lever against NJA. No one went to either company expecting anything other than what they got.

Now, the NJA pilots are attempting a hostile takeover with no mention of an integration--they will go straight to the bottom of the list after someone who was hired last week.

You guys have been represented by the Teamsters way too long.TC

AA717driver said:
This is abhorrent. Pilots went to NJA and NJI knowing the situation. Sure, NJI was set up from the beginning as a lever against NJA. No one went to either company expecting anything other than what they got.

So the pilots at NJI went there knowing they were being used as a lever, they knew what to expect and now you expect me to feel sorry for them? You're a laugh riot AA.

Read me back anywhere I said that they should be placed at the bottom of the seniority list? You can't because I DIDN"T SAY THAT. I did say that factors such as length of union membership should be taken into consideration in integration.

My real position on the subject is that they should have a choice to make up back dues to date of hire and retain the seniority # their date of hire would hold or not pay back dues and get a seniority number based on when they did start paying dues. That leaves the choice up to them and it doesn't penalize the guys that have been paying dues all along. I imagine somehow AA, you'll still see that as unfair to those poor guys at NJI.

Furthermore, I don't want a Gulfstream seat. I've done enough overseas flying in my career and I don't care for it much. I do, however, want to be paid as much as anyone else at the company that I'm senior to unless I'm given the opportunity to displace them via seniority.

Good to see the yakster chiming in on the subject. I knew I'd draw him out. He's relatively easy to work on. Fortunately, he's still on my ignore list. Blissful silence from the clown prince of corporate aviation.

AA717driver said:
Griz--You can rationalize this any way you want. Every single post I've seen on this subject by a NJA pilot is dripping with saliva over the Gulfstreams going to NJA and the pilots going to the bottom of the list.

Now, the NJA pilots are attempting a hostile takeover with no mention of an integration--they will go straight to the bottom of the list after someone who was hired last week.

You guys have been represented by the Teamsters way too long.TC

Sorry, You can't have it both ways, if you realize that NJI was started as a lever against the Teamster Pilots, you can't hold it against us for wanting the unification of the fleets. Going to court under RLA is far from 'hostile.' It's the route we have available to us. As for integration, I don't expect anyone to lose a seat in their GWizz, but new seats would go to NJA via the bidding process.
I can't tell you how many GV owners we fly for their 'short' legs. To claim separate companies is just silly, and they're not 135 flights, they're 91 owner flights using the exchange language in their contract with Netjets, Inc.
We'll see, and soon I think.

Grizz said:
My real position on the subject is that they should have a choice to make up back dues to date of hire and retain the seniority # their date of hire would hold or not pay back dues and get a seniority number based on when they did start paying dues.

I believe that's called extortion. How can you expect an NJI pilot to pay for years of union representation that he did not receive and/or want and/or need? That's just silly. If you buy a new house in a different school district, are you forced to pay back taxes because your neighbor has lived there for 15 years and his money went to fund the new school that you will now enjoy? Think about it.

Look, NETJETS can have it one way or another.

Choice A: Keep the G whiz boys seperate and do not let their customers on NJA fleet or visa versa.

Choice B: Integrate the fleets and have, and advertise seemless travel between the fleets like it is now.

Can't legally have it both ways.

CE750Driver said:
Look, NETJETS can have it one way or another.

Choice A: Keep the G whiz boys seperate and do not let their customers on NJA fleet or visa versa.

Choice B: Integrate the fleets and have, and advertise seemless travel between the fleets like it is now.

Can't legally have it both ways.

It's already integrated in Europe - everything from Bravos to GIV/GVs...

Latest resources

Back