• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Aircraft Gain/Loss at Skyw inc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So where are the aircraft coming from? There is still the matter of Skywest and Expressjet not being on the same list.

Are those 28 a/c coming from skywest or expressjet or split between the two?

11 XJT CR2s & 12 SkyWest CR2s transfer from DL to AA contracts. That leaves 43 CR2 subtractions (SkyWest still owns 2 though) by 2015; No clue if it will be split evenly or not.

18 of the 34 new DL CR7/9s have been placed, 9 at XJT and 9 at SkyWest. That leaves 16 more to be placed; no clue if it will be split evenly or not.

The fairest scenario (and the pattern established thus far) would be evenly split additions and subtractions so that each airline is -4 or 5 aircraft when everything plays out. The worst case scenario is one side adding all 16 remaining CR7/9s while the other subtracts all 41-43 CR2s. Obviously if we get anything close to the latter scenario there will be significant labor strife at one of the airlines, which I imagine Inc would like to avoid right now. It would also cause costly hiring/training/furloughing at both airlines. Hopefully this will become clearer soon.

Last edited:
None of us know which side of the company is going to gain/lose A/C yet. What is well known is that "inc" is always going to do what is best for the airline that has its name in front of "inc".

t "inc" is always going to do what is best for the airline that has its name in front of "inc".

dunno about that Ops, that recent Denver meeting may mean something different eventually, I'm sure the parties (ALPA etc) are restricted by secret handshake agreements. Still probally best regional to be at because of mainline sellouts like JennyLeigh (aka Mike Boyd, RJ expert). :rolleyes:

None of us know which side of the company is going to gain/lose A/C yet. What is well known is that "inc" is always going to do what is best for the airline that has its name in front of "inc".

They will do what's best for the stockholders.

As they should. I bought a lot of stock between $8 and $6 and I hope it keeps going up. My money is on Jerry.

Yes, he should. That's what he is paid for. Just pointing out that it's not because "inc" is always going to do what is best for the airline that has its name in front of "inc".

All around you. You are within it. You are part of it. Probably why you don't see it.;)

In other industries it's simply called "competition". We are competing with each other for a shrinking piece of the pie. ALPA could have done things years ago to minimize this "competition", but they chose to ignore the problem until it was really too late to fix it....Now we compete....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back