Negatives to JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indapool said:
I guess I wouldn't like the fact that NeedleDick has sold off EVERY business he ever started after he was able to line his own pockets..

Well that and the Cap'n Goodwrench shirts. ;)

Have you ever met the man? Do you think that the guys from Moris Air are doing that badly at Southwest? Do the options that we have now indicate to you that he is trying to screw the pilots? Do you have any intelligence on the subject at all? Or for that matter any of the other JB bashers on this thread? If you hate the company so much, just ignore us then. I have found very few threads that have been started by JB pilots that go around touting our company. It is always someone else that has seen an article and posted it.

Yaks, If you want to know the negatives, submit your application on line. It will go into the data base with around 8,000 or so other pilot applications. (All pilots that I am sure are just waiting to find out all the bad stuff here). If you are fortunate enough to get called for an interview, prep well. You will need it. Then you can come down to MIA and meed David and Dave for yourself and make your own decisions about how bad our contract is.

Man oh man do I love working here!!!!!:D :)

Indapool said:
I guess I wouldn't like the fact that NeedleDick has sold off EVERY business he ever started after he was able to line his own pockets..

Well that and the Cap'n Goodwrench shirts. ;)

Yea, all ONE of them. I guess that is EVERY. ANd his name is Neeleman BTW. If he is a needledick, how come he has 9 kids?

I will add one thought; the man looked me in the eye once in the cockpit and told me that one of his goals was to see me be a millionaire. I thanked him and wished him well on attaining his goal.

So phooey on you

:p

Last edited:
Hmm, lots of Cool-Aid here.

How long does it take to get a FLL base....?

How many days off a month?
Still fast upgrades? 6 to 9 months?

Thinking about applying again, just curious.

CSY Mon said:
Hmm, lots of Cool-Aid here.

How long does it take to get a FLL base....?

As an FO, probably not long, maybe 6 months or earlier. As a Captain, quite a while, very senior domicile.

How many days off a month?

The guaranteed days off is 12. The normal is probably 15-16, 18 if you're senior.

Still fast upgrades? 6 to 9 months?

Negative, closer to 18 months to upgrade. Of course, when the EMB190 shows up (Aug 2005) it'll change the scheme of things.

Thinking about applying again, just curious.

Hope that helps.

C yaaa

Yup, that helps, thanks.

Has the pay scale for the 190 been established yet?

(Being non-union, ya don't negotiate with managment right.....?)

Is there some movement or buzz about voting a union in on the property?

Or is most everybody content and no union needed, like Fed-Ex in the early days...?

Again, just curious...No bashing or propaganda...:D

Say hello to R.K. he was my FO once..Now Check airman with JB right?

Thans for the facts of this story Kathy. It is nice to hear the real story once in a while.

Cheers

WM

18 month for upgrade is no longer true.

Pilots hired today are looking at closer to 30 months for upgrade based on current aircraft deliveries. this number could be affected by the number of pilots that bypass their first upgrade availablity on the 190 - which will depend in no small part on the pay rate....not yet released.

Latest resources

Back