Neeleman writing checks his body can't cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"sounding more like People Express every day...."

Now slow down there Mr. Newbie SW. Southwest is a great company built over a long period of time by a lot of hard working people. You as an F/O were not part of all that for very long so lighten up and wait your turn to pass judgment.

USAFftrplt said:
5 years and b6 goes bust!

Yea...that's right....five MORE years and we'll be dust/bust. "They" said that about us year one Pal, and look at us now. Keep nay saying, if it makes you feel good.

I thank the Lord every day that they extended my five year contract. Giving up my seniority and going to the bottom of the list wasn't that big of a deal. Now, if we have to start paying for our planes and maintenance, and fuel, well, then I'll probably be singing a different tune for sure.

Have a nice day.

davis said:
and the difference between you and comair is....? P F T ...you flaming piece of FOD!!!!

I LUV you too, man...

B6Driver said:
"sounding more like People Express every day...."

Now slow down there Mr. Newbie SW. Southwest is a great company built over a long period of time by a lot of hard working people. You as an F/O were not part of all that for very long so lighten up and wait your turn to pass judgment.

You know, I've read this, and re-read it, and re-re-read it, and it still makes absolutely no sense. Take off your blue sunglasses (and the chip on your shoulder) and read my post again. My opinion is that JetBlue mgmt (i.e. Neeleman) is sounding increasingly like the mgmt of ill-fated People Express (i.e. Beauvais). What does it matter if I'm an FNG at SWA, a crusty old fart at AA, or an insurance salesman/airline analcyst-wannabee? It's only my opinion and I'll pass it along here any time I feel like it.

P.S. I'll have 5 years in at SWA this fall (yes, the upgrades ain't what they used to be).

I love how Neeleman has kinda backstabbed airbus. Here's airbus helping Jet Blue get going and paying for maintenance, waving loan payments, etc. Then Neeleman goes out and buys 100 friggin Taco Jets. Nicely done!

StopNTSing said:
My opinion is that JetBlue mgmt (i.e. Neeleman) is sounding increasingly like the mgmt of ill-fated People Express (i.e. Beauvais).
I think you are mixing up your fast-talking, "two-tens-for-a-five", "I'll put my wife and kids on as consultants", "I'll walk off with millions", CEOs.
Beauvais was America West and West Pac.
Of course, I could be wrong. Was he People's as well?

oldxfr8dog said:
I think you are mixing up your fast-talking, "two-tens-for-a-five", "I'll put my wife and kids on as consultants", "I'll walk off with millions", CEOs.
Beauvais was America West and West Pac.
Of course, I could be wrong. Was he People's as well?

I think Peoples Express had Don Burr as the CEO.

Latest resources

Back