• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neeleman writing checks his body can't cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like Continental will go head to head with jetBlue in Newark. My money's on CAL (literally)...:D

EWR-Florida routes get more flights, lower fares

CO announced Tuesday that it will expand service to Florida from EWR, and it has reduced fares from EWR to eight Florida cities.

Due to an expected increase in demand for its lower fares, CO will add eight daily roundtrip flights between EWR and Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Fort Myers (RSW), Orlando (MCO), Tampa (TPA) and West Palm Beach (PBI), beginning Oct. 1. In total this fall, CO will offer 35 daily roundtrip flights from EWR to those five cities.

CO also introduced a $69-one-way fare between EWR and FLL, RSW, MCO, TPA, PBI, Daytona Beach (DAB), Miami (MIA) and Sarasota (SRQ). Some restrictions apply.

Earlier Tuesday, JetBlue announced it will begin EWR-Florida service this year.

Your statement here begins with two rather well-used fallacies, then draws a conclusion based on those fallacies. Do I need to tell you what that conclusion is worth?

TWheat61 said:
I love how Neeleman has kinda backstabbed airbus. Here's airbus helping Jet Blue get going and paying for maintenance, waving loan payments, etc. Then Neeleman goes out and buys 100 friggin Taco Jets. Nicely done!

DIAMONDDD said:
I think Peoples Express had Don Burr as the CEO.

Thanks, I stand corrected. Got my B's mixed up.

Scarlet.......you're a TOOL. Get off of your "buy American Jets" soap box. Think financially (that's about money). Are you going to start an airline with the MOST expensive equipment.....or are you going to shop around for the best deal with the big picture in mind. Next thing we are going to hear from you is that you want us all to buy American cars. That's where the money is. Go b!tch about people buying Honda's or Toyota's. If you're worried about the U.S economy......go find a board to post your junk on where someone really cares.

If you have a problem with JetBlue.....there is therapy available. If you have a problem with airlines buying Airbus.....I think you're screwed and should check yourself in to the nearest idiot ward.

For the record, I drive a Ford and fly an American made jet.

TWheat61 said:
I love how Neeleman has kinda backstabbed airbus. Here's airbus helping Jet Blue get going and paying for maintenance, waving loan payments, etc. Then Neeleman goes out and buys 100 friggin Taco Jets. Nicely done!

Backstabbing? I call it smart business. In the end, I bet Embraer made him a better deal than Airbus did, so who is to blame for JetBlue buying the Embraer?

michael707767 said:
Backstabbing? I call it smart business. In the end, I bet Embraer made him a better deal than Airbus did, so who is to blame for JetBlue buying the Embraer?

Good Answer. The truth is that Airbus does not have a true 100 seat airplane and Emb does. Airbus screwed up with the 318. They should have made it a little smaller, and that would have opened up a HUGE market. Had it been a true 100 seater, with a common type as the 320 series, then I can assure you we'd have them on the property in August..

I think the public will like the 190. I've sat in the back of one, and it has the feel of a bigger plane than it actually is.

As was said earlier, customers want a fair price, good consistant service, and the feeling of being safe. In that aspect, the industry has not changed. In just about every other way, it has. The type of wine served on board has little to do with how people choose their airline these days. Believe it or not there was a time when it was an important factor.

DW - (JB - 320FO)

Latest resources

Back