Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GravityHater said:
When someone calls me and says, "Who is this", or "Who are you" I say,
"My rule is the person who initiates the call to me has to identify themselves and say why they are calling, first."
Hail, they could be a stalker, or the husband of one of my girlfriends, or Vinny from the back office in the pool hall.

PS Is there any way you can shut off the phone completely, or program it to only accept calls from say, Ops, mom ....oh, and that tiny blonde with all the midriff from down at Ponky's?

I am the maintenance officer in my club, sometimes I get calls from numbers I don't recognize because it's a member calling about a squawk.

Of course if the guy had just said "Oh sorry I got the wrong number earlier" it wouldn't have been an issue, instead he was an ass.

TrafficInSight said:
I am the maintenance officer in my club, sometimes I get calls from numbers I don't recognize because it's a member calling about a squawk.

The other option is the answering machine. More and more people I know, myself included NEVER answer the phone right away. Just wait til you hear a familiar voice leaving a message then p-u. Most id-yits will hang up at the sound of the recorded outgoing message.
Or if you are sleeping, turn the volume off, and sleep like a baby then in the am check messages. (may not work if you are on call).

The phone is a tool to help you, it shouldn't torture you.

I hate calls like that. I sometimes get called early in the morning like 10 am (j'k, i mean 5 to 6 am :)), and its some mexican dude talking smak (which of course i don't understand). I just hang up.

I love the people who always want me to identify myself first - "uhmm...... no" is my usual response, followed by a hang up.

Here's a good way to end one of these calls if a guy calls you, wanting to talk to a girl.....

Him: "is so-and-so there?"
You: "Yup, but she can't talk right now."
Him: "why not?"
You: "'Cause my dick's in her mouth".

*click* :D

transpondersoff said:
Post the guys number here and we can call him early in the morning.

hell yea post it here!! we can call him like all week long, he diserves it.

Go with the add thing!

Excellent contribution. Thank you. No really!

Somebody called my girlfriends cell phone one day and changed her voicemail greeting. Obviously she didn't realize you had to change the initial pin # when setting up the voicemail. Neeedless to say, It was quite graphic.
Here's how you do it......
Call a cell phone, if no body answers and the voicemail greeting starts press the star * key, afterwards hit 1111 and see what happens. If the voicemail box pin has never been reset with a new pin then you will have access to all the changes on the cell phone voicemail.

I do not suggest anybody do this sort of thing but it's kind of funny.

i thought you had to hit the # key, not the *. at least, that's how it is with verizon. my ex-gf broke into mine, stupid trick...

Latest resources

Back