Need advice on what to get..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
Well going to HI in a 60 is not exactly not smart :)

Why not? I went from Florida to the West Coast non stop all the time in a Lear 60. That is further than SFO - HNL.

Dangerkitty said:
Why not? I went from Florida to the West Coast non stop all the time in a Lear 60. That is further than SFO - HNL.
The next time you're in Hawaii, take a look around and count the number of Lear 60s you see on the ramp there. It shouldn't take very long.

'Sled

Dangerkitty said:

few more places to land between FL-West coast!

Does a Lear 60 have wet footprint to Hawaii?

Gulfstream 200 said:
few more places to land between FL-West coast!

Does a Lear 60 have wet footprint to Hawaii?

Well now that you mention it I would imagine that the wet footprint is somewhat large in the 60. I guess you can also tell how many times I have flown to Hawaii. :0

Dangerkitty said:
Hey what a minute!! That statement you just made is a double negative. TonyC would be outraged!!

You are correct, my humble apologizes ... but hey I couldn't care less :);)

Dollar for dollar the best bet is the Falcon 50, a used Falcon 50 with 3-D engines would be even better.

In my younger years I did fly Westwind IIs to Hawaii. Sometimes I would have to wait 2 to 4 days to get the winds to assure a dry footprint. When that happened the passengers usually took the airlines. I would not take the Westwind II to Hawaii now, just too marginal. Same with a Jetstar II or Jetstar 731.

I have flown a Falcon 50 around the world, literally, and the comfort factor of three engines over the Pacific Ocean (to paraphrase the TV commercial) is priceless.

PM me if you have any questions.

Latest resources

Back