• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

need a new carry-on...recs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have had good service out of my PNS 26" but my next bag I will be looking at briggs and reily. No questions asked lifetime warranty, just send it in they fix or replace and send it back. THey are not cheap but if I only have to spend the money once then its an investment. My rolling flight bag is a B&R and have 3 years with no problems so I have not tried out the warranty. Talk to Russ at Crew Outfitters in KATL for a better price than their own website. You will be surprised how good of a deal he can make.

Look at this bag: http://www.briggs-riley.com/category/productDetail.aspx?id=Explore-22-Upright_BU122X#

Good Luck

I've been using a Briggs and Riley (Baseline models) for about 5 years now. Very nice bag, and it doesn't scream aircrew when I am deadheading (which is quite often). That may or may not appeal to you.

I have two of them, one a 20 inch for 2-3 day trips and a newer 22 inch for the 4-5 day trips. They are expensive, but they are light and sturdy. I had the handle replaced on the older one by a local shop at no charge, and the wheels replaced on the newer one, again at no charge. Very good lifetime warranty.

I got mine through the mail at altman luggage in NYC, might be another source to check out.

FJ

Samsonite hardside. Not sure about the overhead fit though. I had a seamstress sew a leftover hook onto the strap. Works fine.

I've been using a Briggs and Riley (Baseline models) for about 5 years now. Very nice bag, and it doesn't scream aircrew when I am deadheading (which is quite often). That may or may not appeal to you.

I have two of them, one a 20 inch for 2-3 day trips and a newer 22 inch for the 4-5 day trips. They are expensive, but they are light and sturdy. I had the handle replaced on the older one by a local shop at no charge, and the wheels replaced on the newer one, again at no charge. Very good lifetime warranty.

I got mine through the mail at altman luggage in NYC, might be another source to check out.

FJ

As someone looking to get something other than a purdy neat, I'm interested...what are you using for a flight case hook? Is it durable or is it one of those fabric loop deals?

www.strongbags.com I don't know if they have something that will fit in an RJ?! Great bag.... More importantly for you though, thier customer service in excellent. I think, anyway.... You'll probably think they suck...

As someone looking to get something other than a purdy neat, I'm interested...what are you using for a flight case hook? Is it durable or is it one of those fabric loop deals?

I don't use a hook, had to go look at the bags to see what they had. Each has a clip or attachment point for a j hook. Don't know what I did with them, I think the clip itself was metal on a nylon strap.

I don't carry a jepps kit, just stack a matching B&R vertical brief on top of it for the small stuff.

They are expensive, but they are very nice bags.

FJ

Latest resources

Back