• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nea Endorses John Kerry For President?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We could get around with horse-drawn wagons, but we advanced to autos, which were a big improvement, and we're now working on replacing the internal combustion engine in them, just like we replaced horsepower with I-C engine power.

Actually, this is the deepest desire of an entire wing of the Democrat party, to return us to using bicycles and horses. The entire environmental movement is at war with the internal combustion engine, not to mention the megawatts of electricity used everyday to power computers. Who will develop and profit from the replacement of the IC engine? That's right, the Big Oil Companies. An interesting dichotomy, to be certain.

It doesn't matter if you have a slate and chalk or a computer, it you don't show up for school, you won't learn anything there.

Whether we talk about learning or just showing up at school, it has to start with an interest in what is being taught. If there is no cultural support for that idea, no clear reward among peers for achievement, then no amount of money or computers will help.

Last edited:
atpcliff said:
Hi!

Yes, there definitely are a lot of problems in WI, probably number one being the acceptance of drinking alchohol in HUGE quantities as well as drinking and driving being OK.

The educational system here is relatively good. It used to be the best (like CA used to be great), but funding has been gradually cut for education in WI and it's losing ground.

I've lived in about 25 places, and WI was one of the more conservative. Overall, I think WI is a good place to live, but I don't like how conservative it is-that's one of the reasons that computers aren't accepted so well in education.

Cliff
GRB`

There are several problems with drinking and driving in
Wisconsin, one that I can think of off the top my thinking
head would be when 2 Skyway pilots and another pilot
were killed while going to supper early this year.

You don't here about how the guy that killed these guys
is attempting to plea bargain for only 15 years in the
(DEMOCRACTIC) Milwaukee Journal.

Wisconsin is far from conservative, as far as computers,
I think there great, but what happened to children learning
to count in there heads, what a concept. The education system
in Wisconsin needs a serious overhaul, there way past
there last TBO.

I can't ever remember in my 40 years as California being
a top notch school, except for UCLA with there men's
gymnastics program; And that was cancelled because of
Title IV, another program sponsored by Sen. Kerry and
Wisconsin Senator Kohl.(BOTH DEMOCRACTS)

I'm still waiting for this state(WI) to tax people for pissing in
the wind, it seems rather popular at Packer games.

And I hope they do, I'd be happy to help doing this...
Down wind of course...

Jetsnake

Last edited:
I remember driving through WI back in the 80s. The only state I saw where all the billboards on the Interstate said *Food Gas Cocktails*.

surfnole said:
I remember driving through WI back in the 80s. The only state I saw where all the billboards on the Interstate said *Food Gas Cocktails*.

It hasn't changed since the 80's, except the
state of Wisconsin taxes more on Food, Gas (to
improve the roads...WHATEVER...) and Cocktails.

The biggest thing I've seen since I moved here is the
size of the waist line.

My first night out at a bar after moving from AZ.
Was Sweet $esus; I honestly didn't know women
didn't care about there weight in WI like they do.

Now I understand why everyone drinks, it's a non
stop FISH FRY...

I'm sure some of the ladies look great, after you peel
through about 5-6 layers of cottage cheese.
But I've never been one for chewing off my arm in
the whee hours of the morning attempting to get home.

They do have good looking women in Wisconsin,
1 in 10 maybe, but there not from Wisconsin...

Jetsnake

I find it laughable that you consider Wisconsin 'one of the more conservative' states. Do you know that in the city of Madison, NOT ONE Republican ran for Mayor because they know the city is so danm liberal they have no shot. Thank god for the rural areas of the state and the suburbs or this entire state would be in the hand of the Dems.

Secondly to say that the reason computers aren't so 'accepted' in Wisconsin is because of conservatives is also laughable. Yes, they may oppose the 1 computer for every student quota but to say they haven't accepted computers is ludicrous.

Third, yes, a laptop per child is 'nice to have' but not 'need to have'. Want to 'visit' a far away or dangerous class, how about gathering around the TV set in the class and view it instead of paying tens of thousands on laptops.

If you had a legitimate case of funding not being there for essential supplies like books, chalk, some computer equipment I would have much more sympathy for the teachers unions. Instead they SAY they have no money for this stuff to get the public's sympathy but they end up wasting it on excesses like this. Why not just buy every kid a car while you're at it, after all we could get around by walking to school like in the 'olden days' but now we have improved and should accept that kids would be much better off if they we given cars to get to school, how about a Mercedes?

You say the funding for education has been cut in Wisconsin. Is this one of those 'cuts' where the funding actually goes UP but the rate of increase is slightly lower than the previous year? Yet another slimy tactic of the democrats over the years.

Finally, I wonder if you own your own house? Maybe you do, but if you don't you will have a big surprise when you see your property taxes roll in each year-- in the thousands. All money for the schools comes from you and I in the form of taxes. Wisconsin in in the top 5 most taxed states so I think it is quite appropriate for people to say ENOUGH. Yes laptops may be nice, but I have a house and car to pay for and kids to raise. I, the taxpayer, come first sometimes!!!

My wife's a teacher and I just love getting all the "Vote for the Democrat loser of the week" propaganda. Hey folks, why don't y'all worry less about who I should vote for and negotiate a friggin' pay raise or cheaper health insurance!?!?

And to think she has to pay dues for the privelege of the "Vote McBride" stickers!

Timebuilder said:

A poor suburb of Philadelphia that has seen all of its industry go to the sun belt and overseas. Now, our town has mostly public assistance and state mental health open-door facilities.

Sound like CHESTAH!

Yeah...let's all vote for Bush in 2004...I don't think we furloughed enough pilots yet...all of our pink slips should be in the mail on Nov. 4, 2004. GWB, McCain and the rest of the Republican clan are counting on your vote...and on your pink slip.

Yeah...let's all vote for Bush in 2004...I don't think we furloughed enough pilots yet...all of our pink slips should be in the mail on Nov. 4, 2004. GWB, McCain and the rest of the Republican clan are counting on your vote...and on your pink slip.

Ok, I'll bite. Why are republicans (although in the case of John McCain, I'm using the term loosely) hoping you are pink slipped?

If anything, most democrats say that all planes are a security risk, if for no other reason than to position themselves against the President during the elections.

We have in GW a capable leader, a straight shooter, and a trustworthy man. He is even saavy enough to not answer this furor over African Uranium and in the process compromise our intelligence operatives.

While I respect McCain for his service as a military man, he makes a good case for the manner in which a man can be affected by war experiences.

I'll give you three reasons why GWB is an idiot...

1. Rumsfeld
2. Wolfowitz
3. Cheney

These guys are nothing short of monsters....willing to throw the US economy into NON-EXISTANCE because of their personal right wing extremist views. GWB is not a trustworthy leader nor is he a straight shooter. He is a sheep...being herded by the "three wise men" stated above.

It's going to be two years since 911...the only thing falling out of the sky are pink slips. GWB will be re-elected because the American public has been "bamboozeled" into a paraniod frenzy.
I have to admit, they did a good job in gaining control of this country.

Don't even attempt to defend these guys...even higher up Military Generals and even Colin Powell think these guys are crazy. When the military starts questioning the foriegn policy of the White House....that is a scary thing.

Latest resources

Back