• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nea Endorses John Kerry For President?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, the humanity. Can you imagine what the left will have to come up with to disparage this poor lady? I guess they'll have to use that time honored rule of thumb: the darker one's skin color, the less "qualified" one becomes. The hypocrisy...

Oh, the humanity. Can you imagine what the left will have to come up with to disparage this poor lady?

That's the beauty of it.

She is one of those candidates that is a republican, but she is virtually untouchable.

Remember how the guy who ran against Hillary angered people by treating her an an equal, as just another political opponent? It showed just how transparent and unreliable feminism really is, and it showed that when you treat a woman how she SAYS she wants to be treated, you are making a BIG mistake.

First, Connie's opponents have a whole list of things they DARE NOT SAY. Women will have trouble casting any aspertions about her, and men will have learned not to treat her as a political "equal". She will win every debate as she smiles, cares, proposes solutions, and tells everyone that she will lead by example. She will even seem "nice" in her treatment of Hillary, something that will make Hil look real bad if she tries a full court press. Nice Condi, mean Hillary.

I expect fully half of women will vote for her in order to get a woman in the Big Chair in the oval ofice. The other half will vote for Hillary.

Most black people will vote for her as the first black president, even if they differ on policy.

Republicans will vote for her based on her positions and her abilities, along with gleefully thwarting Hillary.

The remaining democrats will vote for Hillary, and she will "sweep" New York, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.

I think she's a shoo-in.

Timebuilder

The remaining democrats will vote for Hillary, and she will "sweep" New York, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.

Dont forget California! :eek:

Hi!

A lot of U guys have it WAYYYY wrong!

The NEA is VERY conservative. Our schools are modeled on the German educational system of the 19th century, and the NEA doesn't want anything changed much at all. They are WAYYYY behind the times. I'm very surprised that only 30% of their members are Republican.

As for salaries and spending per student:

In WI, which spends relatively a lot and has one of the better systems, they don't spend near what you guys think.

Green Bay is the 5th largest school district in WI, and they spend almost the most of any district in NE WI. They spend about $10K per kid/per year. Our friends live in London, and their kids attend a NON-boarding private American school. It costs about $27K. Most of the top boarding schools on the East Coast charge $25K and up. You can even spend that much on preschool.

The average teacher is NOT paid enough, believe me. We, as airline pilots, have much more flexibility in our schedules than they do. I worked full time in the educational field, and I think their pay and schedules suck rocks. The one thing I'll admit, at least in WI, is that their benefits are (relatively) excellent.
It is interesting to note, that at the small airline I work for, our benefits are almost as good as I had as a teacher, and much better than my wife's very large nationwide company. They are rated one of the top 100 employers, and their health plans SUCK big time! (Much worse than my airline plan!)

Cliff
DTW

Last edited:
atpcliff,

I am going to have to say your wrong about the cost of school in England. Sure if you send them to the Harvard of schools you are going to spend that much. But I paid more for just my tuition at Riddle two years ago than what they are paying to send my sister to school in England now.

This is a half way descent school including boarding and other expenses.

And I heard the cost of sending a single student to school in New Jersey and it nearly that amount too.

Hi!

The school our friends kids attended in London is NOT a boarding school.

They take the bus too and from school and live at home. As of 2 years ago, it cost $27K per year (it may be higher now). It was a very good school educationally.

Cliff
DTW

facts where i live

Of my $6,300 property tax bill I pay $4,500 in school taxes alone Unfortunately where I live the School system is so bloated with beauracratic crap that that money is pissed away I have a hard time feeling anything good about teachers
To the west a few miles Sandra Feldman who is the head of the Teachers Federation in New York city makes $250,000 !

Chas,

I'm sure bush can fix it, just like he fixed the economy.

"What, how many people have lost theirs jobs since Bush took office, ahh, only over 2 million"

Dieterly said:
Chas,

I'm sure bush can fix it, just like he fixed the economy.

"What, how many people have lost theirs jobs since Bush took office, ahh, only over 2 million"
Maybe your hero Clinton should have recognized the economy was bound for trouble during the last part of his presidency and try to start the recovery... But no he was too busy compiling his pardon list and establishing his "legacy"

I love how people blame the president for the economy, I wish one person could control it, we would always have a great economy then...

Latest resources

Back