Naval Academy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WizardPilot said:
Getting drunk and getting some is not what college is all about, and some people take it to the extreme.

WHAAAAAAA?!?!? Then what IS college about?!!?

Hey Wiz,

Maybe my first post was out of line and too forceful, but your last post is just stupid. I'm not sure how you can infer my one goal at USAFA was to get wasted and chase a**, or that's what I "base myself" on from one line in a post. I had a steady girlfriend that lived in COS for 4 years, so maybe that's why I got laid a lot. :)

I don't think I'm high and mighty, I don't wear my ring, and I don't tell anyone where I went to college or got my commission unless they ask. I'm not even going to my reunion. It just irks me when non-grads (and I don't mean that in a disparaging why) tell potential cadets/middies how awful life is at the Academies and how they'll be mindless, socially stunted automatons after 4 years. I'll lighten up.

A good Naval Academy grad story from a close friend of mine in Pensacola. She plays the part of Kristin in this.

And if you need explination on the Oliver joke refer to this site www.factualmaterial.com/douchebag.htm

"chose to go to Pensacola Beach with Celandine instead.) The following is all true-
We saw a really tan guy with a pink shirt and a popped collar and "intellectual glasses".
Celandine: "Ooooh, he's hot"
Kristin: "He looks like a douchebag"
Celandine: "You don't even know him"
Kristin: "That's why I said he looks like one"
Kristin (to Douchebag): "Hey, is your name Oliver?"
Douchebag: "Why do people keep asking me that?"

I saw a guy I was totally interested in talking to. Great outfit. Funny T-shirt, cord blazer... shorts and old school bike messenger shoes. I think he's adorable.
He makes a beeline for Celandine. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** him. Good thing his friends have a sense of humor and are willing to gab with me.
He buys her a beer. I'm nursing a Coors Light.
Celandine (to guy, in a very rude voice): "Do I look like the kind of trashy girl who drinks beer? Get me a glass of wine."
I'm still nursing that beer, by the way and guy's friends are like "Who the F___ does that chick think she is?"
So he orders a mini-bottle of Ernest & Julio Gallo (read: one tiny step up from Boone's Farm)merlot and the barkeep pours it in a plastic cup. She's sipping.
Guy's Friend #1: "Hey Cellophane, how's that gum you're smacking on?"
Guy's Friend #2 (to me): "How can you hang out with her?"
I shrug.
Celandine and guy converse on what appears to be Quantum Physics, International Politics and Rocket Science.
Guy walks over to his friends who are talking to me and taking an active role in making fun of her. Guy whispers a loud drunk whisper to his buddy: "Dude, these chicks are dumb. We're in." (Keep in mind, guy hasn't said two words to me to assume with any validity whether I'm dumb or not)
His buddy: "No, I'm pretty sure that's just the one you were talking to"
Guy: "Whatever"
Me (to guy): "Oh, look at that... I just spilled my beer ALL over you."
Too bad a really cool outfit was wasted on such a dirtbag.

Turns out dirtbag is an '04 Naval Academy Grad. Double Fvck him.

Told Celandine I couldn't hang out anymore for a while. Scoping guys requires too much energy. I'd rather just sit at a bar and drink beer."

MAGNUM!! said:
I had a steady girlfriend that lived in COS for 4 years, so maybe that's why I got laid a lot. :)
Dude. You didn't get laid a lot. You got laid once and repeated the deed for four years. You seal one deal and claim you got laid all the time. Talk about missing out in the prime of your life.
I bet you know the names of every gash you've ever touched. It's easy when you can count them on one hand!!!

Man, you guys infer way too much from single lines in posts. Lived in Columbia and Destin as a single dude over the years. THOSE years were the prime of my life. Not that it matters how many chicks you've had, when you stay single until you're 30+, the numbers can't help but add up. Prime of my life? Hell, I'm still in it!

State School Moron

I didn't go to the academy, but i stayed at a holiday inn express last night. I know quite a few zoomies from UPT and Air Force life since UPT. Some guys show no signs of scarring while other the wounds from the academy are deep and fresh. Quick story- Years ago, a conversation with some zoomies at UPT....

Zoomie: Where did you go to school?
Me: Auburn University
Zoomie: Cool, were you in a fraternity
Me: yeah.
zoomie: dude, do you think if i get my master's at a state school in a few years, i could rush and get in a fraternity?
Me: no, that would just be embarrasing. Let it go dude.

It seemed like most of the zoomies were spring loaded to try to party like rock stars at every chance at UPT. I think eventually they all grow out of it, they're just trying to catch up.

There is no doubt that you get a great education at any service academy and if you're selected for an appointment, that alone is worthy accomplishment. At the academy you will be sacrificing you present for your future. At a state school, you will be sacrificing your future for your present.
Anyone who thinks you can drink beer and enjoy the coeds as much at the academy as a state school, apparently did not receive the best education at the academy. It's just not realistic. If i was a betting man, i'd say i drank more beer in one month at school, than the majority of academy guys did in their four years at the academy. My grades sucked huge, i escaped by the skin of my teeth. I created some large hurdles to clear for myself, but i'm still a pilot just like all the academy grads.

Good luck with your decision.

MAGNUM!! said:
Robot? WTFO? Is this from your vast experience with dudes from the Academies?

I went to USAFA, drank as much as anyone on this thread and got laid like a madman. You just have to be a little more proactive.

Guess what? If you're a f****** geek in high school, you're going to be a f****** geek in college whether you're at USAFA, USNA, FSU, or Bama. If you went there, comment. If you didn't, STFU. Most ROTC guys I know (and I include some of them as my best buds) are woefully misinformed about Academy life (yes, there can be one), and most of the ROTC guys, despite what they say, can't tell if a dude went to the Academy or not unless they wear their ring, which most of us don't.

Magnum,

Sounds like things have changed a bit at the USAFA since you were there. Not too long ago, the strong arm, date rape approach was the only way a socially challenged Zoomie could get a little action on Saturday night. From recent events, looks like the fundamentalist bible-beaters have taken over. I’m guessing the latest batch of Zoomies isn’t having as much luck with the ladies these days since they no longer use your old favorite ‘proactive’ dating techniques.

The biggest scandal at the Boat School these days is the lowering of academic standards for football recruits. I guess that’s not all bad, since they can fly the P-3 replacement if they graduate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back