• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Seniority Protocol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who'd a ever thunk I would agree with DoinTime.....The "benchmarks" and seniority method have to be spelled out in advance for me to support it.....Take care of that and I will put my ALPA pom-poms back on.....

Sorry but "I'll still love you in the morning" isn't going to cut it........

I knew if I waited long enough Joey would find some reason to be a quitter and naysayer.... true to form Joey...

Its a slighted doc isn't it Joey.... more of ALPA's garbage...

I knew if I waited long enough Joey would find some reason to be a quitter and naysayer.... true to form Joey...

Its a slighted doc isn't it Joey.... more of ALPA's garbage...

What you fail to understand is that for some of us we are attempting to protect what we have first and foremost......Why not spell out the seniority integration method first? It will be too late to oppose this after the protocol is set in stone......

The wording of "career benchmarks" is a non-starter for those of us familiar with the tired mantra of "regional lifer losers" and "stepping stone jobs".....We have heard it far too often......

It's not "garbage"....It is sound in theory....The problem lies in the application.....Enlightened self interest (polite term for "greed") rules this "association"....We have seen it in prior mergers and age 60.....Some of us have learned from history.....

Let's write up the seniority list protocol first....then more of us will support it....

Last edited:

Exactly. Joey can't help but be a whiner and an obstructionist. Progress will never be made if Joey has his way.

Joey doesn't have the skillset to sit down with said parties and say "I think your resolution is great.. there are great ideas.. I think we should proceed.. I would like to talk about a few points of the document".

naw.... to much for Joey...

Instead Joey will just yell, scream, animate, joke, criticise..... and of course... blame. Joey loves to blame... and when the opposite side of the table doesn't respond to Joey's intentions, Joey will use said response as more fodder and fuel for his tirade and mantra....feeding his modus operandi......which is..... a lawsuit....

Its the old frog and the scorpion story

Shove off.... you are an obstructionist and deadweight....

Exactly. Joey can't help but be a whiner and an obstructionist. Progress will never be made if Joey has his way.

It all depends on ones definition of "progress"......If it means a 2 year UAL pilot gets to bump me down.....then I will fight that "progress".....I bet you believe that he should be able to bump me down...

Joey doesn't have the skillset to sit down with said parties and say "I think your resolution is great.. there are great ideas.. I think we should proceed.. I would like to talk about a few points of the document".

naw.... to much for Joey...

Instead Joey will just yell, scream, animate, joke, criticise..... and of course... blame. Joey loves to blame... and when the opposite side of the table doesn't respond to Joey's intentions, Joey will use said response as more fodder and fuel for his tirade and mantra....feeding his modus operandi......which is..... a lawsuit....

Its the old frog and the scorpion story

Two questions for you Rez....

1. Why are the UAL pilots now trying to push this thru....Why not back in 2000?

2. What are the "career benchmarks"?

I suspect the UAL pilot group is looking for an unemployment program that involves them having super-seniority over us "regional lifer losers".............

How about a definition of how the list is to be formed before we get too far ahead of ourselves....

I would be more than happy to participate in the system.....I don't think the system wants people like me to participate....They like lemmings instead....

Two questions for you Rez....

1. Why are the UAL pilots now trying to push this thru....Why not back in 2000?

2. What are the "career benchmarks"?

I suspect the UAL pilot group is looking for an unemployment program that involves them having super-seniority over us "regional lifer losers".............

How about a definition of how the list is to be formed before we get too far ahead of ourselves....

I would be more than happy to participate in the system.....I don't think the system wants people like me to participate....They like lemmings instead....

I don't know any more of the document than you.... don't try and ask me "ownership" questions as if I am an insider in this process...........

I am not a supporter of NSLs in general... they are Holy Grails.. or El Dorado's.... problem is.. guys like you blame ALPA for not creating one... or you get divisive on this...

Are you getting surplused off the ATR?

I don't know any more of the document than you.... don't try and ask me "ownership" questions as if I am an insider in this process...........

They are doing it because they very well may find themselves in the unemployment line soon.....Necessity is the mother of invention....

Same reason so many United pilots changed their mind on age 60 after their pensions went "poof".....

Even you have said many times that pilots think of themselves before the "collective"....

Does take a rocket scientist to figure them out....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I am not a supporter of NSLs in general... they are Holy Grails.. or El Dorado's.... problem is.. guys like you blame ALPA for not creating one... or you get divisive on this...

It would make the "collective" stronger.....In fact it would actually add a "collective"....Currently we aren't "collective".....We are every man for themselves under the current situation.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Are you getting surplused off the ATR?

Unfortunately yes I am having to go to the RJ....No SJS here....

Latest resources

Back