• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National ALPA Skywest=SCABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes: Dude relax. Carma has a funny way of flipping things around. Just ask the Delta Flt attendants!(were highest paid in industry....and now? Delta is imposing $18 hr max pay.)
We only lost two a/c and they have stopped. If it were about cheaper pay :rolleyes: , we would get all of the 200's! JA just trying to break the union and we KNOW it WON'T HAPPEN!!!

:rolleyes: Dude relax. Carma has a funny way of flipping things around. Just ask the Delta Flt attendants!(were highest paid in industry....and now? Delta is imposing $18 hr max pay.)
We only lost two a/c and they have stopped. If it were about cheaper pay :rolleyes: , we would get all of the 200's! JA just trying to break the union and we KNOW it WON'T HAPPEN!!!

How do you know they have stopped transferring 700's?

Why do you say it has stopped, in terms of them taking the 700's? Fomt eh beginning they announced that SLC /ASA would close over the course of a few months not in one day or month.

I hope your right, I just dont know how you concluded this?

Medeco

Scarlett:

You're an embarrassment, though most notably to yourself. I'm sure the folks at AirTran and American will most likely disagree with you that their unions (NPA, APA) are non-unions. If you're going to attempt to be stupid here, at least use some logic...

They have 701-02. Flew 03 the other day. Not going to happen. Plus we are going to be flying 80-100 flts a day out of SLC by April. The company KNOWS that they made a mistake closing SLC. Talk about THROWING money away....60-80 crewmembers DHDing every week and over 700 rooms at the RedLion, all the while they have people LIVING in SLC. Yeah....I need to take a paycut to cover for yet ANOTHER "incompetent" set of decisions! RIIIIIIGHT!!:rolleyes:

Is this flame bait?

SkyWest isn't taking airplanes from you...your ALPA group is refusing them over a pay scale. SkyWest wanted ASA to have those planes...and said fine we'll take them since you won't...SkyWest pilots aren't scabs either you idiot. Just because you're not ALPA, doesn't make you a scab...

How do you know Skywest wanted ASA to have those planes? Know something the rest of us don't? As far as being scabs you guys at skywest are not there yet. Coming close with a single payrate is almost worse than flying struck work or taking someone else's a/c. When Skywest management asks you to crew an ASA plane and route you have to ask yourself one question, "Well, I am going to be labeled a scab puke the rest of my miserable existence if I do this?" The answer is yes you will be. This is a small industry and believe me when I say Skywest will not always be in buisness either, especially if ASA does strike or walkout.

Last edited:
Talk about THROWING money away....60-80 crewmembers DHDing every week and over 700 rooms at the RedLion, all the while they have people LIVING in SLC. Yeah....I need to take a paycut to cover for yet ANOTHER "incompetent" set of decisions! RIIIIIIGHT!!:rolleyes:

Spending a fortune to save a few dollars and to show those unionized ASA pilots who's on top..... typical management.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

It is a valid point to note. Why should pilots from a nonunionized carrier have the benifit of acquiring jobs at a unionized carrier like FedEx or Continental? By all means if you want to work for Skywest for your entire career and knock on unions than please feel free to do so. However, if you want to move on then explain to me why you should be permitted to acquire jobs at another unionized carrier? If I was interviewing you, I'd want a pretty thoughtful answer to that question.

TheGuat, check with one your UPS buddies. Just because they (IPA) are not directly involved in the hiring process doesn't mean that it goes unnoticed, you know what they say--it's a small world.

They have 701-02. Flew 03 the other day. Not going to happen. Plus we are going to be flying 80-100 flts a day out of SLC by April. The company KNOWS that they made a mistake closing SLC. Talk about THROWING money away....60-80 crewmembers DHDing every week and over 700 rooms at the RedLion, all the while they have people LIVING in SLC. Yeah....I need to take a paycut to cover for yet ANOTHER "incompetent" set of decisions! RIIIIIIGHT!!:rolleyes:

TOMCT,

You still did not answer the question I asked? Again, I hope your right, I just want to know why your so sure? I have not seen any facts to back up what you say.

Medeco

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back