• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Airlines - KYIP - 757 FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And this is why the company will survive. 40 posts saying what a horses#@t company it is with piss poor pay and horrible management and someone will ask....where do I apply!....unbelievable.

Thanks for the profile, but you have no idea what you are saying.

I've been a strong supporter of higher wages and better work rules (and a union member) for my entire 22 year airline career. Having been laid off of from a 14 year career with a strong six figure salary (which we fought long and hard for) I am in need of a job. Many of us looking at these jobs consider them to be stepping stones on to another, better, more lucrative, and more secure airline job. It's pretty tough to get hired when you're unemployed with little or no glass experience and you are out of currency even when you have gobs of time.

So lighten up with the criticism of those of us trying to reestablish our careers while keeping our families afloat. It ain't easy starting all over from the bottom.

And if you think the guys flying for rock bottom wages are not working their tails off for better wages and work rules, think again. They are working much harder at it than you can ever imagine.

So step down off of your lofty perch and take a ride with a crew that happens to be less fortunate than you are. You will discover (like I have) that you are just about one or two bad management decisions away from applying to National yourself.

So lighten up with the criticism of those of us trying to reestablish our careers while keeping our families afloat. It ain't easy starting all over from the bottom.

I certainly empathize with your situation (been there twice...), and understand your position, but for once, I have to agree with nitey's sentiment from a few posts above. National is currently looking to usurp our long and, if I may say so myself, appreciated history in the service of our nation. Not surprisingly, we're a day late and a few dollars long (yes, I mean it that way) in maintaining our well established history. However, we have had some previous competition where the lowest bidder won, and the reliability, or lack thereof, resulted in us getting called back. Same pig, new suit. I hope that your future, if any, with National is short lived, and that better digs find you, but in the short term, your experience combined with your interest and willingness to keep the lowest bidder alive hurts the rest of us, including the remains of your previous ride. It pains me to feel compelled to say that, and I say it with all deference to your situation, but the very thought of us losing any element of the niche we've spent over 20 years building to ANY low bidder is even more painful. Hang in there, and best of luck with whatever comes your way.

I think Hawaiian had the contract prior to ATI. National is not outside the norm for first year pay. First year capt pay is 90hr FO is 70hr. perdiem is 36 DOM 62.50 INTL. National is not the only one bidding the contract there is also North American.

National Airlines

I recently heard that National's 757 program has been indefinitley suspended....anyone know if that's true or not?

They got a tuff row to hoe, adding Int'l pax ops, inflight crew, ETOPS, and a new type all at the same time. It took us almost a year to just add pax to our DC-9's

Latest resources

Back