• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gentlemen....what is the point? Seven men are lost..and you are dissecting A/C systems? What was carried,where it was loaded,how it may have rolled here or there,what systems it might affect if it hit this or that. I understand and hope..we all can learn something from this. These men did what they ....were meant to do.
unfortunately, they went from V1 to Gods speed with no options.

Gentlemen....what is the point? Seven men are lost..and you are dissecting A/C systems? What was carried,where it was loaded,how it may have rolled here or there,what systems it might affect if it hit this or that. I understand and hope..we all can learn something from this. These men did what they ....were meant to do.
Education is what I am striving for, to learn from Load Masters, Mechanics and other pilots.

Education is what I am striving for, to learn from Load Masters, Mechanics and other pilots.

Ditto.

I hate it when a holier-than-thou poster comes on and demands everyone stop MMQBing. GMAFB. Theres nothing wrong with discussing accidents. We all learn from them, whether whats discussed is pertinent or not to the actual cause.

Ditto.

I hate it when a holier-than-thou poster comes on and demands everyone stop MMQBing. GMAFB. Theres nothing wrong with discussing accidents. We all learn from them, whether whats discussed is pertinent or not to the actual cause.

I don't believe its the individuals, I believe its the industry itself in which generates I am not interested by individuals outside of the industry.

"There's nothing wrong with discussing accidents. We all learn from them..."

Agreed.

However,

We will learn something from this accident/tragedy when, and "IF" , the true cause is ever known.

Until then, this is all speculation and conjecture....Or, in other words, a "Waste of Time".

This thread is of no useful purpose at this point in Time.

May the Aviators and the Families involved find Peace.

YKMKR

I remember a time when aviators sat down and talked about the real things in aviation that mattered, like this accident. They shared information, listened to peoples thoughts based on years of experience in many different aircraft. Everyone had a chance to ponder what they thought mite have caused such a horrific accident and in doing so some of us realized that maybe we didn't know as much about the aircraft that we flew or the procedures that helped us fly them and stay out of trouble.

Nothing anyone says here is going to change the outcome of the accident, and we all know that. However, what just might happen is that some others will learn, maybe privately, that they did not know some of what they heard or read here. Not one single person said they WERE an expert on any of these subjects like this, they just offered their opinion. When have you ever met a crew member that did not have an opinion ?

I truly believe that many of us need to talk about it whether we are right or wrong, just to help ourselves get through the loss of this group of Professional Aviators and to go and get back on the flight deck of another aircraft and pray to God it does not happen to us or our other Friends in aviation.

I remember a time when aviators sat down and talked about the real things in aviation that mattered, like this accident. They shared information, listened to peoples thoughts based on years of experience in many different aircraft. Everyone had a chance to ponder what they thought mite have caused such a horrific accident and in doing so some of us realized that maybe we didn't know as much about the aircraft that we flew or the procedures that helped us fly them and stay out of trouble.

Nothing anyone says here is going to change the outcome of the accident, and we all know that. However, what just might happen is that some others will learn, maybe privately, that they did not know some of what they heard or read here. Not one single person said they WERE an expert on any of these subjects like this, they just offered their opinion. When have you ever met a crew member that did not have an opinion ?

I truly believe that many of us need to talk about it whether we are right or wrong, just to help ourselves get through the loss of this group of Professional Aviators and to go and get back on the flight deck of another aircraft and pray to God it does not happen to us or our other Friends in aviation.
Good post, there has been some good information provided here on what was involved in this flight, but one has to be careful when offering an opinion that they are not judging someone when the facts are unknown.

How many have read Gann's "Fate in the Hunter"? Should be mandatory reading for all professional pilots. He discusses why some come away from this career intact, and others don't. How the element of luck intercedes to determine our fate. He starts the book with a long list of people he knew who "bought it". I knew one of the guys on that flight. If you have been in this business for decades you also have a list of those who bought it.

Last edited:
I read the book twice, the problem is a system whereas prefers to fix the brakes first as oppose to a leaky radiator in which is obvious.

There is nothing wrong with speculation.

You can learn as much from informed speculation than from what truly caused the accident.

Focus only on the facts of the case and you narrow your focus to one entity.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back