National Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4 pilots, a loadmaster and 2 ride along mechanics died in the crash

Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Horrible. Just horrible.

Last edited:
I wish I didn't watch the video. Awfull. Poor guys. RIP.

I bet they were not covered by war zone insurance, and didn't get the extra DOD money for landing in war zone.

Vision airlines pilots had to sue the company to get that money. I have a feeling the company will not give a crap about families , waiting for time to calm everything down, and go to the bank and cash that plane insurance policy. I really hope the families will sue the hell out of owner.

Don't know why I am particularly haunted by this footage from Bagram. Perhaps it's because it is so completely surreal that I can't convince myself it's not computer generated animation or a radio controlled scale model. In my mind, jumbo jets don't just simply stop in midair in utter defiance of the finite laws of physics, then fall as though dropped by a child who's short attention span has suddenly turned elsewhere. Perhaps it's because I have spent time in the cockpit of a closely similar aircraft and environment enough to imagine what the crew may have felt, the shock and confusion of the moment when a long trusted and faithful steed suddenly and inexplicably bares its fangs and turns to bite.
RIP fellow brothers of the Order Of The Sleepless Knights...

Latest resources

Back