• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Air Cargo 747 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everybody and many websites attribute the Fine Air accident to load shift, however, the NTSB report discounts this as a cause....misloaded and improper trim setting for the actual vs load sheet cg caused the accident

Emery 17 out of Mather (Sacramento), was originally attributed to load shift.

The probably cause:

The National Transportation Safety Board determined that the probable cause of the accident was a loss of pitch control resulting from the disconnection of the right elevator control tab. The disconnection was caused by the failure to properly secure and inspect the attachment bolt.

Hey Mods and the rest of us here. Maybe we should consider, out of respect to our fellow pilots, mechanics, flight crew and their families, taking down the links to the video that is on this site. Yes I know you can see it all over the internet. But elsewhere on the internet they are not pilots.

For once on flightinfo lets have some respect for our fellow brethren and their family. If you want to see the video find it somewhere else.

Just my 2 cents.

Everybody and many websites attribute the Fine Air accident to load shift, however, the NTSB report discounts this as a cause....misloaded and improper trim setting for the actual vs load sheet cg caused the accident

I realize this, but haven witnessed it, I disagree!

I realize this, but haven witnessed it, I disagree!

Sorry Golden Falcon, but have you ever flown the 8? Fly non-sked out of MIA? Did you sit down with the DOJ FBI DOT et al, and listen to their "theories" of what happened?

Personally, I have a little doubt that there was a cargo shift. Believe a more fatal occurance......

I will tell you though the idea of the improper trim setting vs load sheet is BS.

Sorry for the hijack,

Sorry Golden Falcon, but have you ever flown the 8? Fly non-sked out of MIA? Did you sit down with the DOJ FBI DOT et al, and listen to their "theories" of what happened?

Personally, I have a little doubt that there was a cargo shift. Believe a more fatal occurance......

I will tell you though the idea of the improper trim setting vs load sheet is BS.

Sorry for the hijack,

From what I hear, overloading and flat out lying about weight and content is rampant. The FA crew were screwed before they started engines.

Not to mention the maintenance practices of said airline...... As to the overloading when the f/o of that aircraft mentioned to me that he figured out they probably took 10-20k lbs of more freight out of a S. American airport than I did, him flying a -61 and me a -63, departing withing an hour of each other.........they were VERY guilty of that...

Once again god bless to those guys. I'm just curious...does Kabul have the same type of departure as Baghdad? I'm sure that makes it even more of a handful having to do a Max rate climb because people shoot at you...I couldn't even imagine :(

Latest resources

Back