• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Air Cargo 747 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I posted over in CARGO ...because I would not have thought to look in MAJORS for this.

What is the point of having categories on this website??

Because we are all pilots and a tragic accident like this effects all in aviation!!! That's why...

Still at a loss. How is viewing footage and discussing possible scenarios disrespectful?

I'm sure if the crew had a voice, they would tell us themselves what happened and admonish us to watch our sixes.

For us to NOT reflect and learn, the very second after, is to me disrespectful - and stupid.

Last edited:
National Air Cargo releases statement on crash
Posted on May 2, 2013 by John McCurry

National Air Cargo released a statement saying it would not speculate as to the cause of the accident involving National Flight NCR102 in Afghanistan on Monday.

“With our full cooperation, an investigation by appropriate authorities is under way, and we encourage everyone to join us in respecting that process and allowing it to take its appropriate course,” the company said.

National Air Cargo released these facts regarding the aircraft and its movements prior to the accident:

• National Flight NCR102 was en route to Dubai from Camp Bastian and had stopped to refuel at Bagram Air Base.
• The cargo contained within the aircraft was properly loaded and secured, and had passed all necessary inspections prior to departing Camp Bastian.
• The aircraft landed safely and uneventfully in Bagram.
• No additional cargo or personnel was added during the stop in Bagram, and the aircraft’s cargo was again inspected prior to departure.

National Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of National Air Cargo Holdings. National Airlines, based in Orlando, Fla., operates scheduled and on-demand cargo service globally and charter passenger service in the Middle East.

This entry was posted in Air Cargo World News. Bookmark the permalink.

Latest resources

Back