• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Air Cargo 747 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Men that's awful RIP!!! At the same time the video is incredible... Maybe it's just me but it look for a sec he was trying to turn left to lower the nose!
Still freaking shocking!! I'm sure the VDR is going to be horrible! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Men that's awful RIP!!! At the same time the video is incredible... Maybe it's just me but it look for a sec he was trying to turn left to lower the nose!

I think it's much more likely that the plane had entering a full stall and left wing fully stalled first. Once it rolled left, the left wing regained some lift while the right wing went into full stall and the right wing fully stalled--hence the turn to the right. The 747 looked to be going almost straight up (though the video angle might be misleading) before the crash. Causes would be pilot error or cargo shifting--I'd bet on the latter.

I'll have to buy my previous loadmasters a beer (or several) the next time I run into them.

I happened to witness the Fine Air 101 crash in Miami back in 97, we were at the customs ramp waiting for our turn to get cleared. A horrible helpless feeling as you immediately know what happened and that the crew will fight a hopeless fight!

We of course don't know if the load shifted in this case, but that is the logical suspect at this point in time.

Godspeed to our fellow aviators!

I think it's much more likely that the plane had entering a full stall and left wing fully stalled first. Once it rolled left, the left wing regained some lift while the right wing went into full stall and the right wing fully stalled--hence the turn to the right. The 747 looked to be going almost straight up (though the video angle might be misleading) before the crash. Causes would be pilot error or cargo shifting--I'd bet on the latter.

Man, that is horrible to watch.

I was taught that, if you can't push the nose over (ie., cargo shift) your last resort before a stall is to kick it over with rudder, maybe that's what was going on. . . . but who knows? Hopefully, we'll eventually know what happened, but way too late for our unfortunate brethren. Peace to their families, friends and coworkers.

PS, that site is running Harley ads with that footage? Are you kidding me? Incredibly bad taste to try to make a buck off something like that. I won;t be going back to that site. Ever. :mad:

Last edited:
What a bunch of A-HOLES....Analyzing and Monday quarterbacking. Men are gone,Children's life's changed forever,Families altered. You are putting the focus on how it MAY have happened. Go to the Cargo forum...see if any of the post are similar.
Narcissism..look it up or simply...stare at a mirror.

Latest resources

Back