NAT Track Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bingo!

maybe he meant you are more likely to get the speed you want at that altitude.

On a random route or higher altitude, you almost always get the speed you request. Using the NAT tracks can be speed limiting due to traffic during peak times.
Luv

In your Oceanic Clearance you will be specifically given a NAT Track identifier if you are on a NAT Track. My course has overlaid a track many times but was considered random because I wasn't assigned a track.

Does that help?

Who told you that? Make them prove it. I'm pretty sure they are wrong.

If you are given a clearance and it includes "NATX" or something like it, you are on a track. Now you can file a step climb and climb right out of the tracks. The track altitudes change every day, with every track message. If you climb beyond the highest altitude on the track message for your track, you are no longer on the tracks, even though your flight plan may be the same lat longs as the entire track.

Ohh and the eastbound tracks are based off of 30W. If you are not at 30W at the right time, 1-8Z, then you are not on a track, but you can still file the same lat/long pairs as the track.

Say for instance you leave BGR and get to 30W at 0815Z, you are will not be on the organized track system because you passed 30W after the valid track times. You can file and fly the entire eastbound track, but you will not ber on the track.

Ohh, and ALWAYS file TWO coast out points, eg, COLOR and RONPO then LIMIR and DOLIP.

Clear as mud?

Ohh, and ALWAYS file TWO coast out points, eg, COLOR and RONPO then LIMIR and DOLIP.

Clear as mud?

Uhhh, no.

Please explain this further (or provide a definitive reference, i.e. from MNPSA 2008). I've never filed (or had filed on my behalf) 2 coast out / coast in points.

Please explain this further (or provide a definitive reference, i.e. from MNPSA 2008). I've never filed (or had filed on my behalf) 2 coast out / coast in points.

Same here...I've never had 2 coast out/in points filed for me. Can you explain???

Treetop

Same here...I've never had 2 coast out/in points filed for me. Can you explain???

Treetop

I agree and thats wrong...you only need one. go find the definition/meaning of a "coast out/coast in" waypoint and then look up mnps airspace and its confines and then reference an orientation chart...hopefully you will be able to figure it out.

backing up to the speed remark of "no speed restriction" on a random route, thats wrong?

It depends. If there is someone else at the same altitude on the same route they will speed restrict you or assign you a different route.

Uhhh, no.

I'm guessing what he is referring to is the way at least some airlines (maybe some bizjets) file a next best in the ICAO flight plan. My carrier does it routinely. We also use acars to request/receive oceanic clearances.

In an ICAO it looks like this:
(FPL-AAA1-IS
-B787/H-SDHIPRWXYZ/S
BALIX/M078F330 NATB HO/N0454F330 N302C SPOTE/N0453F340 N302C
MOFAT/N0461F360
-EET/EGTT0015 EGPX0029 EGGX0135 BIRD0217 EGGX0254 CZQX0254
REG/N12345 SEL/AAAA NAV/RNVD1E2A1 RNP10
RMK/NRP USA O2.C330)

Filed on NAT B. The O2.C330 indicates NAT C is my second choice at FL330. I could put an O3.A330 for a third chioce. On a random it would be O2.RS330 or RN330 for random north/south.

When the acars clearance request is sent it looks like this to ATC:
AAA0001-BALIX/1056 M078F330
-RMK/2ND NATC 2ND F330 MAX
F350
43C3

Neither is required. You can do one without the other, and the result is about the same. It is pretty useful when you're in the NAT tracks in the thick of traffic. On randoms, not so much.

Latest resources

Back