• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NASA form question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I overflew a phase inspection due to our Director of MX giving the wrong times for the phase. Should I fill out a NASA form? Will a NASA form even help?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

The first thing you have to look at is what your Company Manual says bout your responsibility in regards to checking maintenance times etc. If all you are supposed to do is to compare times and numbers given to you/written down on some kind of form (in the logbook or log can) I doubt you are in trouble.

You can also ask your supervisor of what the procedure is or even give the DOM a call and ask him what he will do about it. If MX self-disclose this to the FAA and admit blame then you will probably be ok. Do you have a Dir.of Safety you can ask for advice?

Do this before completing the NASA report.

This was a 300hr phase. It could be overflown by 30hrs. The DOM had the wrong times on the status sheet. The 30hr extension was overflown.

NASA form was sent in yesterday, I hope I never have to fill one out again.

I used to work for a Cessna ME Dealership and FAA Certified Repair Station as a line mechanic. If your 135 operator's MTC Shop botched the numbers, I highly doubt the Feds will go any farther than the MTC office in an investigation, especially if they self-disclose.

You did your job, you checked the can and the paperwork was in order, signatures in place, etc. You're not on the CRS Certificate and not responsible to check to see if QC can do basic math. I wouldn't sweat it.

T8

This was a 300hr phase. It could be overflown by 30hrs. The DOM had the wrong times on the status sheet. The 30hr extension was overflown.

NASA form was sent in yesterday, I hope I never have to fill one out again.

they're filled out daily by lots of people...filling them out isnt a bad thing, just like everyone has been saying "it's like insurance for your certificate." and because theyre filled out daily new policies and practices are recommended by the faa to promote safety.

Latest resources

Back