• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you guys get rid of your union Ricci will eat you for a snack between meals. Take my word for it! When I questioned him about duty times paralleling 135 years ago he said absolutely they will. Yeah right! About ten days later a revision to the employee handbook was issued eliminating the company rest rules! The man (if you can call him that) is not to he trusted!

Ohgoon,
being against bringing the IBT to Flex is selfish?

Also, I happen to be in the bottom 50% of the seniority list at Flex.

You cannot deny the Teamsters have had a checkered past.

Yep! The Teamsters were thrown out bodily at NJA, and we are much better off with the in house union.

Do not listen to G4 about the IBT as he obviously does not know the history behind their ousting and the formation ASAP. Keep the IBT amd unite your pilot group. The union is only as strong or effective as your participation. You need to elect effective leaders and then get a solid contract to keep that snake Ricci caged. Stay on course.

Hammer, I wasn't saying the FLEX pilots were rats. I was referring to the FO pilots that hang out and pretend they are your buddy. They see you with an adult beverage at dinner and send your name in. That was one of the pillars of the SFO program. Now that the SFO program is gone, they are using the FOK program to infiltrate the FX pilot ranks.

The Flex folks are darn lucky there is a union at FO. The fear of having a union formed at Flex is the ONLY thing keeping Ricci from gutting their pay and benefit packages. Vote in a union or not, Flex pilots owe FO pilots a Thank You. Their old management sold their entire company in a fire sale for the cost equivalent of 3 globals. If Flex was that well off Bombardier wouldn't of dumped flex. Expecting Ricci to have the skills to turn that around has no historical basis, nor is there any indication that he has the capacity to do anything close to what it required.

This economy and the pent up demand created by the severity of the recession is masking a great deal of issues at lots of companies, including NJA and the airlines.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
His 1st post in nearly a year and man is it a barn burner of flame bait.

I'd guess that he's gotten NJA all sorted out and is here to help the FlexOptions pilots.

The Flex folks are darn lucky there is a union at FO. The fear of having a union formed at Flex is the ONLY thing keeping Ricci from gutting their pay and benefit packages. Vote in a union or not, Flex pilots owe FO pilots a Thank You. Their old management sold their entire company in a fire sale for the cost equivalent of 3 globals. If Flex was that well off Bombardier wouldn't of dumped flex. Expecting Ricci to have the skills to turn that around has no historical basis, nor is there any indication that he has the capacity to do anything close to what it required.

This economy and the pent up demand created by the severity of the recession is masking a great deal of issues at lots of companies, including NJA and the airlines.

Good luck to all.

Let me be the first to thank the 1108 for my job here at Flexjet. Hey TWA, won't you join me at the 1108 altar?!? What a bunch of crap. I thank ALPA for my employment here at Flex. If not for representing competing wholly owned carriers behind our backs I would've never soured on unions and got fed up with the airline nonsense and sought employment elsewhere. Thank you, ALPA. See how ridiculous that sounds.

Let me be the first to thank the 1108 for my job here at Flexjet. Hey TWA, won't you join me at the 1108 altar?!? What a bunch of crap. I thank ALPA for my employment here at Flex. If not for representing competing wholly owned carriers behind our backs I would've never soured on unions and got fed up with the airline nonsense and sought employment elsewhere. Thank you, ALPA. See how ridiculous that sounds.

Based on where airline compensation is now and where we are now, I'd say your judgement has steered you wrong. That same judgement that has failed you once has great potential of failing you again when weighing the need for a union a Flex. Your ability to be so easily "soured" has cost you millions of dollars in compensation, the same as my lack of foresight has.

Do not listen to G4 about the IBT as he obviously does not know the history behind their ousting and the formation ASAP. Keep the IBT amd unite your pilot group. The union is only as strong or effective as your participation. You need to elect effective leaders and then get a solid contract to keep that snake Ricci caged. Stay on course.

Yeah, the Teamsters were GREAT. What a crock.

my thoughts?

people riding bicycles on crowded roads during rush hour traffic should get half price off of a vasoline jar at Walgreens

go ride on a nice back country road somewhere!

Latest resources

Back