• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No problem, just trying to give you guys a heads up. The FO training department claims you have a bloated program. That's what they are telling us. I don't know what they are telling you but good luck all the same.

I understand you are trying to get under my skin, but when you talk about something you are not familiar with it just makes you appear ignorant.

Our training department is not overstaffed or bloated, in fact we will probably be hiring new instructors next year based on new fleet types and fleet growth.

Thanks for the clarification TWA. When we are told something, we ask questions. Its that simple. Either it's true or you can correct the "misstatements". Now go have a nice day and don't worry about it.

The G positions are interview for your job (again), dedicated crew positions. They pay a basic salary, which you can increase through an undefined bonus system. Be advised, you will lose vacation and days off. Vacation is two (2) weeks and your days off depend on utilization. There will be five pilots per airplane. One "manager", one "assistant manager", and three "captains". If you believe the "manager" is going to fly more than just to stay current, I would like to sell you some land at 60N30W...the three "captains" will be flying 20+ days a month and the bonus they earn will be split by the two "managers". No Thanks.

We are hearing that they are also going to dedicated crews on the CL350.
Is that true? And will you be required to interview for those positions as well?

It's been talked about. No pen has been put to paper.

Thanks for the clarification TWA. When we are told something, we ask questions. Its that simple. Either it's true or you can correct the "misstatements". Now go have a nice day and don't worry about it.

Don't pout because you were once again spreading bad information from a bad source and were corrected.

Sorry, the source is one of our instructors. That means our instructors are giving us bad information? The next question is" is the instructor making these things up or is he repeating what he was told?"

A little while ago, I asked a question about someone getting disciplined for questioning the new uniforms. We've all seen pictures of these uniforms, which are hideous and demeaning. As usual TWA jumped in and changed the subject to divert attention away from my question. You guys still falling for his lies?

So, here is the story I heard and I hope someone who doesn't work in the training department will answer.

I heard one of the FJ female pilots sent uncle an email which criticized the new uniforms. Uncle subsequently ordered her to be fired, but was persuaded by his middle managers not to do this, because it would anger the pilots and possibly fan the union flames. Flames I've heard are rising at FX.

So uncle - in his benevolence:erm:agreed to reinstate her if she apologized in writing, which she did.

Is this true?

I haven't heard that rumor. And I've been in Long all week. I did talk to one of the guys coming over from FO. I got the impression from him that while he didn't like the union, he thinks management is just as toxic as the union over at FO.

If they wanted to fire people who criticized the new uniform almost half of us would be gone simply from that mega thread on the yam!

I heard about that rumor and got quite alarmed. I asked someone who I trust and was told that 2 folks had directly e-mailed KR with their concerns about the uniform. They were thanked for their message and that was as far as it went. I believe that is probably what really happened.
WL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back