My thoughts on S.65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Malter1 said:
Anyone have a link for the latest info on S.65?

Just talked to our legislative affairs guy with ALPA (CAL). It won't pass this time according to him.

I do not have a link. I have done a pretty exhaustive search for info and found a lot, but it doesn't seem to make sense. That is why I called our guy.

Unfortunately, he said foriegn ownership will be coming...soon.

I may be in the minority out here, but I would actually like to see them LOWER the retirement age to 55.

Airplanes are nice machines, but if I could retire tomorrow I would. Although it is better than a lot of other jobs out there, it is still just a job.

Plan at an early age to retire on your own investments and retirement plans, and you will not be a slave to your employer. Living below your means will help too.

What is the use of working until 65 and then dying at 67? For all of you people out there whose sun rises and sets around your cockpit, what do you plan on doing if and when you finally do retire?

Flopgut said:
Just talked to our legislative affairs guy with ALPA (CAL). It won't pass this time according to him.

I do not have a link. I have done a pretty exhaustive search for info and found a lot, but it doesn't seem to make sense. That is why I called our guy.

Unfortunately, he said foriegn ownership will be coming...soon.

Maybe once and for all they can finally stick a fork in this age 65 retirement issue!

The Prussian said:
That is a choice that is already available to you....

Freedom is a wonderful thing!!

For the time being it is. What concerns me is whether or not there will be a large money hit if the retirement age is 65 and people want to leave at 55.

Clyde said:
I would actually like to see them LOWER the retirement age to 55.

OK....so back to your original statement. So let's force all those who are between the ages of 55 and 60 out of work.....would that help your retirement planning somewhat??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back