Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that we need saving but...

1. We give up our profit bonus.
2. Take that money and put it in a pool.
3. Then offer it as a lump sum to anyone who wants to retire. Require 15 years of experience 55 years of age or whatever you like.
4. Divide the sum by the number who take the offer. Minimum 10 per quarter.

Results: We all move up ten or so numbers a quarter. Line holders get higher hour/better lines. FO's get a shot at upgrade. Old Captains that suck can leave with honor. We sap up our pilot surplus. Exciting vacation vacancies mid year. Pilot group stays junior and we don't have to get PBS.

One downside. We lose a couple of hundred bucks a quarter. Should be made up with schedule improvement.

Allow the pilots a quarterly vote on the offer. If hiring picks up and we move up seniority at a good clip then we can go back to taking the money.

Just a thought.

Just a thought--Show me the money!

It does seem that we are at a quiet crossroads, doesn't it?

The writing is on the wall. If we don't get some more flying in the near future, either with the planes we have, or some undetermined amount of additional planes, ASA will furlough.

It'd make so much more sense, from a cost savings perspective, to furlough from the top down instead of from the bottom up.

Not in your case it can't.

Great, could you please demonstrate to me how it would be more cost effective (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know what that means) to furlough lower paid employees....than to furlough higher paid employees.

Latest resources

Back