• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My response to SWA package!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say WOW as well. So hypothetically if Airtran would have bought say..Allegiant, you'd be perfectly fine with them enjoying your contract and payscales after the arbitor awards a 'fair'/ratio SLI for them with no seat bumps?

Of course. Why wouldn't I? It's not like their new money would be coming out of my pocket.

Absolutely amazing. Ain't gonna happen.

I think you and many others will be quite disappointed when this is all said and done.

PCL...THE WINDFALL CAN'T ALL GO TO AAI. YOU MUST SHARE THE GAINS WITH SWA PILOTS. That is fair and equitable...

PCL keep sayin and it will become true...it has to be a fair and eqitable deal for the SWA pilots....

Agreed. The problem is that you guys don't seem to understand that it is a fair and equitable integration of seniority, not pay rates, not days off, not longevity, etc. The arbitrator will seek to implement a list in a way that, to the greatest extent possible, preserves your pre-merger career expectations. If you had an expectation of being a captain in two years, for example, he will do his best to make sure that that still happens. But bumping AirTran captains out of their seats or stapling a few hundred FOs? Sorry, but that just ain't going to happen. That's called a seniority windfall at the expense of others, and arbitrators never allow it.

AAI Pilots: Seniority at any airline is based on DOH. @ your new airline (SWA) it is no different...no former AAI pilot with a DOH after a SWA pilot should, as a result of this acquisition, be more senior than that SWA pilot.

Agreed. The problem is that you guys don't seem to understand that it is a fair and equitable integration of seniority, not pay rates, not days off, not longevity, etc. The arbitrator will seek to implement a list in a way that, to the greatest extent possible, preserves your pre-merger career expectations. If you had an expectation of being a captain in two years, for example, he will do his best to make sure that that still happens. But bumping AirTran captains out of their seats or stapling a few hundred FOs? Sorry, but that just ain't going to happen. That's called a seniority windfall at the expense of others, and arbitrators never allow it.

If you honestly think this is where we are headed, then both of our futures will probably diverge. Absolutely not meant as a threat, it's just that SW pilots will not agree to anything close to that.

I hope the AAI MC has a little more insight than what you are throwing around. I'm still hopeful.

RF

PCL....not true...you cannot penalize the pilots from the stronger airline just because your upgrade time @ weaker, significantly lower paying airline was EXPECTED To be quicker.

P.S. There is a reason a significant number of AAI pilots had applications @ SWA, not the other way around.

I think you and many others will be quite disappointed when this is all said and done.

It's interesting you say that, because my knowledge of the negotiations to this point, it would put the shoe on the other foot...but we'll know shortly.

Latest resources

Back