Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Regional Airline Dream Is Gone Atp Pays Mucho!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
All ATPS Here I come.....sorry guys I'm running back to the instructing world!...Flame up all ya want!

regional pay sucks as first or second year F/O. But its not bad as a captain and upgrades are fast right now.

All ATPS Here I come.....sorry guys I'm running back to the instructing world!...Flame up all ya want!

We are all very proud of you. We all wish we had the amazing decision making abilities that you are blessed with. ATP has an amazing career potential full of challenge, excitement, and extremely high pay. Not to mention the excellent people you will be working with.

IE. Shut the f*ck up. Only an idiot would brag about a backwards career move.

You dont have to apologize to us. One less person to compete with for a real job. Have fun doing steep turns.

We are all very proud of you. We all wish we had the amazing decision making abilities that you are blessed with. ATP has an amazing career potential full of challenge, excitement, and extremely high pay. Not to mention the excellent people you will be working with.

IE. Shut the f*ck up. Only an idiot would brag about a backwards career move.

WOAHHHH WEEKEND TOUGH GUY!! SLOW YOUR HORSES..I ALREADY FLY FOR A REGIONAL....JUST KIDDING, I GUESS I DID'NT KNOW REGIONAL PILOTS WOULD GET SO WORKED UP WHEN COMES TO THE JOB.......VIA CON DIOS

What is your reason for going back into instructing? The pay is barely more than a first year regional and you are giving up jet time. Most people do their time instructing and want to move on. You are going to get some crazy looks from your students when you tell them your career moves. I am not bashing you..each is own..I have never heard of someone doing this and am just curious.

WOAHHHH WEEKEND TOUGH GUY!! SLOW YOUR HORSES..I ALREADY FLY FOR A REGIONAL....JUST KIDDING, I GUESS I DID'NT KNOW REGIONAL PILOTS WOULD GET SO WORKED UP WHEN COMES TO THE JOB.......VIA CON DIOS
So do you not fly for a regional? If not then I fail to understand this thread.

After typing a big long post explaining why what you are doing is a bad move, I decided to say screw it. If you can not realize how ridiculous what you are doing is, than you deserve whatever lies ahead.

Every interviewing staff will look at your work history and think that you could not make it in the 121 environment. If you couldn't make it then, why should you be able to make it in the future?

or...

If you decided to take the easy road at this point in time, why should we (any company) gamble and expect him to stay with our company?

I hope you enjoy it.

You're going to be able to leave that suitcase gathering dust in the attic, have weekends off instead of in a scuzzy hotel in Buttfrack, ND, no commuting, no TSA, no 8 hr ON's...to say nothing of the fact that there aren't any where as many "major" pilot jobs as there should be because those routes are being flown with piddling RJ's, retirements have been gutted, pass priviledges are for crap because of the load factors...in fact in ten years the only "mainline" flying will probably be international in 787's and that's liable to be outsourced to Air China!

Regional pay isn't going to go where 73 pay is now, you can forget that!

Plus you can go to night school so you can get a real job. Maybe in management...that's where the golden parachutes are! A few $15 M settlements and you can buy your own island somewhere and settle down to a nice life of fishing and drinking heavily!

There are some tradeoffs, though.

Good luck anyhow!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back