Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Regional Airline Dream Is Gone Atp Pays Mucho!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorta like the jerk that made this little statement?:
Nothing wrong with instructing, and not trying to belittle him, it is obvious that he was just trying to get people ratteled up, I spent much more time instruction then most of my friends at the regionals.

It always amazes me how everyone knows what is best for everyone else.
What might be a "backwards" move for one might not necessarily be for someone else.

I recently left a job flying a DC-10 all over the world for my old job as a sim check airman for my previous TP airline. Slightly better QOL, similar schedule and more than twice the money on average.

Anybody got a problem with that? Because last time I checked, it was up to me to decide what was best for me.

Once upon a time, about 10 years ago, regionals used to be a big step in pay and QOL from instructing. If I still had my old instructing job today and was faced with going to the regionals , I would probably try for a local corporate gig instead. But that's just me.

I left the fracs after 6 years, and got hired on at a large sim center. My QOL sky rocketed, pay increased, home every night, and no longer than an 8 hour day. Starting pay $57,000. Get checked out, $67,000, teach "two tracks" (two jets), mid 70's. Become a TCE, well, you get the point.

Latest resources

Back