Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Regional Airline Dream Is Gone Atp Pays Mucho!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To each his own. If doing this makes you happier, then by all means go for it. There are people who actually *gasp* enjoy instructing and can make a decent career out of it. Hard to believe, I know.

in fact in ten years the only "mainline" flying will probably be international in 787's and that's liable to be outsourced to Air China!

Yeah that will be great, we will have to use other countries airlines to do our domestic flying. Cant wait to jump on a Chinese airliner to get to Florida for vacation.

We have pilots with experience. We have pilots that will work for nothing. But we are running out of pilots with experience that will work for nothing.

If that is what you want, then go for it.

Not everybody wants to fly for the airlines.

Do what makes you happy.

You can do better.

My MEI job pays $50K base with an additional $7k/yr bonus based on the number of hours I fly with life/medical/dental/vision/401k.

I would have to work for most regionals for 5 years before I was able to replace this pay and these benefits and it would most likely involve a move to a ********************hole city somewhere far away from the half of the country that I prefer.

I don't have to sign off anyone for checkrides, control my schedule, decide when a flight gets cancelled with no pressure from management and I'm home every day by 2PM at the latest.

I gotta tell ya, with the amount of constant bitching you guys do about the regionals, the current state of the airline industry, and the brat attitudes of some of the regional pilots on these boards, my motivation for jumping ship is practically non-existant.

Now, I realize that this guy was just trying to wind some of you up (and some of the responses were highly predictable, BTW) but I'm surprised that the responses were so overwhelmingly negative regarding someone who might go back to instructing.

We've got 3 instructors here who did just that with no plans to return to the 121 world.

Last edited:
Yeah that will be great, we will have to use other countries airlines to do our domestic flying. Cant wait to jump on a Chinese airliner to get to Florida for vacation.

We have pilots with experience. We have pilots that will work for nothing. But we are running out of pilots with experience that will work for nothing.

Too bad that they aren't in the minority quite yet...

Am I the only one who didn't take this thread seriously? Nobody is going back to instructing. I'm just a few steep turns shy of losin' it. The day is hopefully soon when I don't have to watch someone every minute and tell them everything they are doing wrong. $2000/month sounds pretty good from where I'm sitting, but it still ain't that great.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back