Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Rant on the STUPID & SPINELESS Flight Options Management!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Terminated Pilots,
First, as a former FLOPS pilot, my heart goes out to the professional pilots that were terminated for doing their jobs safely and legally.

Remaining Pilots,
"You're either with us or against us." Either stand together with the brothers and sisters of the 1108 or stand with management. There is no more fence. You are now in the scab category if you do overtime or if you don't pay your dues.

Spineless and Shameless Management,
You all have zero integrity to steal the livelihoods of these hardworking pilots. If even one mortgage foreclosure or one bankruptcy results from this, it is on your hands.

You can bet that the Teamsters are mobilizing from the top and your bottom line will suffer dearly. You think those 5 lawsuits several years ago hurt you? Now try 76. The pilots have mounds of evidence against you.....more than you or F&H has accounted for. Management will lose and to think otherwise is stupidity. Management, be afraid, be very afraid!

Congratulations on going down in aviation history, along with the likes of Carl Icahn and Frank Lorenzo, as scumbag lowlife management that gives a bad name to the aviation industry.

P.S. I will continue to bump this to the top until the mods stop me.

P.P.S. Ken Ricci, if you're behind this, you're a hypocrite!

Waka...I have disagreed with you in the past but I couldnt agree with you more on this issue. I hope that FLOPS pays for their actions in terminating 76 pilots for no reason. And hard.

Last edited:
Flops

FLOPS will not be in business in 2012

The Mike and Bob show will delay delay delay until they close the doors for good.

If you think I meant cutting cables and fuel lines, you Mr Magoo need to get together with Mr Baboo at FLOPS and compare notes.

Yeah, he really means accidentally poking holes in heat blankets and improperly performing preflight tests on things like stby batteries. You know...safety first!

Yeah, he really means accidentally poking holes in heat blankets and improperly performing preflight tests on things like stby batteries. You know...safety first!

That is just it, You cant see the truth because of your own pride to feel like you are right. The guys at Flops are professionals and have always acted like it. Do you get nose bleeds on a horse that high?

Scumza - don't you have your "deviant art" to tend to? I do like your new sig, however shouldn't it read "Life is more difficult when you surround yourself with stupid?"

"along with the likes of Carl Icahn and Frank Lorenzo,"
I don't know who would be insulted more by this comment, Ricci or them. In either case, there is certainly no comparison. There really is no comparison between Icahn and Lorenzo but that is another story.
Whatever FO that will emerge, it will not be like the old one. That failed. Management did not declare some war on the pilot group. Someone said they would not be around in 2012. They will not last that long the way they are going no matter how many they terminate.
If you hasten the demise in an effort to show them who is boss, what exactly does that accomplish, some empty feeling on the unemployment line. Those employees sure showed Frank Lorenzo who was boss. They shut down the carrier. Most that I knew lost that euphoria in about a week, the rest in a month. Some did get work, the bottom of the seniority line starting over late in life. Some invested their money in airlines. Does anyone remember KIWI.
FLOPS had an idea, and it did not work. We can throw out a bunch of rhetoric about whose fault, why, how terrible the place was, poor managment, poor this and that.
As I said in another place, managements do not set our to battle employees, their effective utilization and cultivation are the keys to success. They are the keys but the car has to have an engine that works.

"along with the likes of Carl Icahn and Frank Lorenzo,"
I don't know who would be insulted more by this comment, Ricci or them. In either case, there is certainly no comparison. There really is no comparison between Icahn and Lorenzo but that is another story.
Whatever FO that will emerge, it will not be like the old one. That failed. Management did not declare some war on the pilot group. Someone said they would not be around in 2012. They will not last that long the way they are going no matter how many they terminate.
If you hasten the demise in an effort to show them who is boss, what exactly does that accomplish, some empty feeling on the unemployment line. Those employees sure showed Frank Lorenzo who was boss. They shut down the carrier. Most that I knew lost that euphoria in about a week, the rest in a month. Some did get work, the bottom of the seniority line starting over late in life. Some invested their money in airlines. Does anyone remember KIWI.
FLOPS had an idea, and it did not work. We can throw out a bunch of rhetoric about whose fault, why, how terrible the place was, poor managment, poor this and that.
As I said in another place, managements do not set our to battle employees, their effective utilization and cultivation are the keys to success. They are the keys but the car has to have an engine that works.

The majority of these guys don't have a clue about Eastern. They only know that Lorenzo was the hated one and the that carrier was shut down.

My guess is that few of them know it was actually the mechanics union, not the pilots union, that shut down Eastern. Lorenzo thought it was crazy that ground personel and cleaners were making near 6 figure incomes with overtime. Even when he dumped a bunch of money into programs that would allow them to earn their A & P certificates, the union told him to screw off because by the contract they were already making that much.

What is happening at FLOPS is nothing like at Eastern, but 64% of the FLOPS pilots wanted the union, and they are getting what they asked for that the union never told them was going to happen.

The majority of these guys don't have a clue about Eastern. They only know that Lorenzo was the hated one and the that carrier was shut down.

My guess is that few of them know it was actually the mechanics union, not the pilots union, that shut down Eastern. Lorenzo thought it was crazy that ground personel and cleaners were making near 6 figure incomes with overtime. Even when he dumped a bunch of money into programs that would allow them to earn their A & P certificates, the union told him to screw off because by the contract they were already making that much.

What is happening at FLOPS is nothing like at Eastern, but 64% of the FLOPS pilots wanted the union, and they are getting what they asked for that the union never told them was going to happen.

SCAB....

Latest resources

Back