Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck and have fun on the trip, and good on ya for finding a niche in the aviation industry and making a living flying for yourself and your family.

I saw Espalda Mojado the other day. His side business with PacoPollo is going well, and the two of them have been doing some great flying. I asked him how much it would cost to ferry an airplane overseas, he told me $250 trans-Atlantic and $350 trans-Pacific. It looks like you might be charging a little much for your services. Anyway, he is a nice guy, and you might see him in HWD, he said he is picking up some PA-44 Seminole ferry flying to Hawaii. He said it is easy to go out there and jumpseat back to the mainland, and no need for a hotel. Paco, on the other hand, just took off for the UK in a KingAir 90. It is a great way to stay current in the small airplanes on your days off, so they say. They also say they are giving back, by allowing time builders to come along in exchange for paying some of the expenses.

I hear sarcasm, right?

No, taking those crap wages and undercutting other professionals doing that job are not giving back to the industry, nor benifitting anybody. Just more dirtbags who are willing to lower the bar for everyone.

Personally, I was looking into doing some fun flying as a volunteer aerial firefighter.

That's one area where qualifications very much still dictate your participation, which makes it a non-issue.

No, taking those crap wages and undercutting other professionals doing that job are not giving back to the industry, nor benifitting anybody. Just more dirtbags who are willing to lower the bar for everyone.

Forget the fish, avbug, that was more like shooting a manatee in a barrel.

Dude, I saw that plane on the ramp this weekend. It's in front of Calair right?

How much time are you spending over water? My extremely uneducated point of view tells me those geared Lycs are real fussy, right? I like the sound they make that's for sure.

Why arent we making fun of his avatar like the good ol' FI of past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back