Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
As I mentioned to you in the PM you sent me (gee thanks :( ) --

Your pilot group is the only one I know of that is giddy with a 5 yr FO at 47K and a 5 yr CAPT at 90K.

I know that seems like huge numbers to you but its still far below most corp guys. Many corp operators START PIC's at 120K min...FOs at 80K min.

I know, I know..."with perdiem i make"....:laugh: ...whatever...

really, congrats on the raise- if you feel victorious - great for you! you won!...but in my opinion you DID get your a$$es handed to you. Thats not great money buddy, in fact, its far below average....but feels huge compared to 27K I guess...thats all that matters. Maybe now you can move out of moms place and qualify for a car loan or something. Thats real progress.

You may enjoy gloating to a regional pilot but you are still far below the average corp guy. When the Cristal headache wears off you might realize this....

But really, I suppose it all depends where you CAME from huh?

congrats!....(I guess.....:rolleyes:)

Ouch!! The truth hurts but G200 is right!! Can't wait to see these responses lol!!

squonk said:
G200:

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. It did feel huge when it first hit the airwaves, but after the Sunday hangover, and you start to break it down, it doesn't feel so good.

My opinion is that the company is sitting back firing up the Cubans with $100 bills. Make them wait for four years, a couple or three low low ball offers then throw them a bone within 10% of what we probably would have caved in on anyway. Had to pay them less than 50% of what was OWED in back pay, got a 5 year (read 8-9 year ) contract, and created a monster in waiting with any new hires.

If this was a dog for them, FamilyGuy et al. would be on here screaming from the rooftops. They haven't darkened the doors of this website (I'm sure they're lurking) all week. Not even below the line.

That speaks volumes. That is what worries me with this TA.

Hey, progress is progress....

all that matters is that you feel properly compensated for your job. That brings pride and a good work atmosphere - which goes far IMHO.

Stickshaker feels huge and buff at 90K for a 5yr captain (ugh). Thats a victory for him -- but yet greater for his company - who will continue to serve the industry at these rates, make money, and send this feeble minded guy his 90K paycheck. Everyone wins. Rememeber - these numbers will be YOURS for the next 10 years (thanks Union)

anyhow....I think your management got off very very easy.

I know I have sparred with netjets guys - Diesel etc...but really - congrats. If you feel like you are now taken care of - you won.

Nothing better than having a job you truly like.

Again, congratulations!

Last edited:
squonk said:
G200:

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. It did feel huge when it first hit the airwaves, but after the Sunday hangover, and you start to break it down, it doesn't feel so good.

My opinion is that the company is sitting back firing up the Cubans with $100 bills. Make them wait for four years, a couple or three low low ball offers then throw them a bone within 10% of what we probably would have caved in on anyway. Had to pay them less than 50% of what was OWED in back pay, got a 5 year (read 8-9 year ) contract, and created a monster in waiting with any new hires.

If this was a dog for them, FamilyGuy et al. would be on here screaming from the rooftops. They haven't darkened the doors of this website (I'm sure they're lurking) all week. Not even below the line.

That speaks volumes. That is what worries me with this TA.

I knew you'd see the light... Management is elated with this TA, believe me... They just bought themselves another 8 yrs. (or so) and still get away with nothing close to NBAA..

They know good and well that upgrades will be grinding to a halt and all of the bypass pay Capt.'s will do the job... On top of that they get away with hiring F.O.'s that will never make more than 47K.

I know, I know... "But we're going to have to have another 2000 pilots on the list!!!" Says who ??? Management...

Last edited:
h25b said:
I knew you'd see the light... Management is elated with this TA, believe me... They just bought themselves another 8 yrs. (or so) and still get away with nothing close to NBAA..

They know good and well that upgrades will be grinding to a halt and all of the bypass pay Capt.'s will do the job... On top of that they get away with hiring F.O.'s that will never make more than 47K.

I know, I know... "But we're going to have to have another 2000 pilots on the list!!!" Says who ??? Management...

Does that 90K number get adjusted for Cost of Living each year?

90K $ucks now, imagine what 90K is 8 yrs from now?

Stickshaker said:
SEMPERFIDO,

I'm doing what you ask,

""""""he didn't specify net jets per se :),,,and check back when you are actually making 90k :) ...and i didn't mean the original post i made as a "cut"..i fixed said post.""""""

I'm checking back with 90K, and I hope you don't mind that I have an extra
40k for the holidays.

dear god.....

40K? hold on, wait.......... lets put the bling and the S600 Benz on hold for a second there sparky.

is that taxed?

lets call it 25K?

take 401K out of it? IRA's? (lets say no. you dont sound too bright.)

25K for the last 10yrs of incredibly low wages.

thats $2500/yr. (easy math for ya, dildo.)

again, congratulations.

So long as you FEEL huge, you ARE huge stickshaker.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
Does that 90K number get adjusted for Cost of Living each year?

90K $ucks now, imagine what 90K is 8 yrs from now?

It better... This winter's potential heating bills got me thinking of asking for a little extra raise this year.

h25b said:
It better... This winter's potential heating bills got me thinking of asking for a little extra raise this year.

you aint kidding.....mine have hit almost 100% increase....whats COL these days? 4%?

ouch.

Question: Whats it cost to heat the average refrigerator box on the streets of the newest Netjet bases?

(just kidding diesel, dont get your panties wadded!)

Last edited:
Stickshaker said:
SEMPERFIDO,

I'm doing what you ask,

""""""he didn't specify net jets per se :),,,and check back when you are actually making 90k :) ...and i didn't mean the original post i made as a "cut"..i fixed said post.""""""

I'm checking back with 90K, and I hope you don't mind that I have an extra
40k for the holidays.

...so tell me again-- why did you get me involved in this?:)

The numbers posted below is our payscale for flying NJI GIVs. Anyone know how they compare to regular NJI pay, or regular GIV pay for that matter?

Years in Program NORMAL SCHEDULE RESERVE SCHEDULE
1 $120,000 $142,418
2 $124,500 $147,758
3 $129,169 $153,299
4 $134,013 $159,048
5 $139,038 $165,012
6 $144,252 $171,200
7 $149,661 $177,620
8 $155,274 $184,281
9 $161,096 $191,191
10 $167,138 $198,361
11+ +2.5% OR COLA WHICHEVER IS LESS

And for the curious this is our BBJ payscale. Too bad that program hasn't grown like it was hoped

Years in Program NORMAL SCHEDULE RESERVE SCHEDULE
1 $139,050 $165,026
2 $144,264 $171,215
3 $149,674 $177,635
4 $155,287 $184,297
5 $161,110 $191,208
6 $167,152 $198,378
7 $173,420 $205,817
8 $179,923 $213,536
9 $186,671 $221,543
10 $193,671 $229,851
11+ +2.5% OR COLA WHICHEVER IS LESS