• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My GoJet Experience today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heer yuo go laserman... dis shood keap u okupid fo a wile. i am begggin u too plez edit my spelin. yoo kant kompar yo airline too 91 ops so moov on wit da rant
Thanks.

The only reason I corrected Fishman is because he had been a douch3 bag about spelling in another forum.

We don't buy tickets based on who's cheapest. We buy based on who'll get us to our destinations most efficiently, so we can get to our planes and do our jobs.

It cost us $1600, one way, to get me from Chicago to Seattle the other day on American, while the advance-purchase vacation crowd paid $205 roundtrip. My seat cost sixteen times that of the guy next to me. (Not counting the extra $15 for my bag, which they subsequently lost on a nonstop flight.)

Whether you want to admit it or not, we are those frequent, high-dollar, last-minute business customers the airlines covet. You think out of that $1600, American could have found the budget to clean the airplane at one of their hubs?

I don't ask for much on the airlines: just a moderately clean airplane with a minimum of hassle. Sadly, it appears even that is too much to ask these days. :(

It is to much to ask for to have the pilots to get down and clean the lavs. I don't care what you guys pay, we don't see ANY of that cash. Now, if there was a $50 per lav cleansing bonus, then I might consider it. I was hired to do the duties as a pilot, not a custodian.

If you (fischman mainly, but others as well) have issues w/ the cleanliness of an A/C, may I suggest you write the company? Do it quite a few times, heck, get others to join you in your crusade. Maybe someone in management will hear your cries.

I don't care what you guys pay, we don't see ANY of that cash. ... Not only that, but how are the pilots to know what people paid for their tickets??

You don't. I'm just tired of hearing over and over again why "the passengers don't deserve ________ because they're all on $99 transcons." My point is that not everybody in cattle class is on discount fares.

I fully understand the problems with raising ticket prices and generating revenue; I was an airline guy, too. It's just depressing seeing things that used to be considered basic airline services -- like water, a checked bag, and a clean airplane -- have fallen by the wayside to save costs.

That's all.

Having never flown corporate, I don't know the answer to this question, but do you guys really wipe down $hitters?

Having never flown corporate, I don't know the answer to this question, but do you guys really wipe down $hitters?

Yes. We do.

You're an idiot, plain and simple!!!!! If the company wants their planes (toilets) cleansed to a respectable level, then they should hire people to do it. I will cross belts, throw a few bags, even help w/ cleaning up a little trash in the cabin, but as for cleaning lavs...NO WAY!!!
BTW- You can spend $10,000 on a ticket and you still will not see me scrubbing the toilets. Maybe you should get back there and do a little cleaning, seems you have the experience and a desire.
My job is way more secure than yours, and I am not too good to wipe down a lav. Who's the idiot?

I'm going to have a paycheck in 6 months. Are you? Are you SURE?

I've noticed you are somewhat of a spelling Nazi on a different forum. You berate others telling them to use the spell check feature. Remember that spell check cannot keep you from using the wrong word.
You notice incorrectly. What you noticed was me giving B19 Flyer (a known union buster) a hard time. Read the rest of the posts.

Here's a plan. Since Fishman covets the NetJets owner lifestyle, but can't seem to afford to travel like a gentleman. Also, he seems to have lav cleaning skills.

Maybe, the airlines could arrange a deal for him. He could clean the potty during the flight and they could give him some extra perks to make him feel less like a schmuck. He could maybe get an extra bag of peanuts or they could let him keep the whole can of apple juice.

What do you think Fishman?
I think that if you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.

How has the status quo been working out for ya?

Every regional pilot I talk to is as bitter as you.

It is to much to ask for to have the pilots to get down and clean the lavs. I don't care what you guys pay, we don't see ANY of that cash. Now, if there was a $50 per lav cleansing bonus, then I might consider it. I was hired to do the duties as a pilot, not a custodian.

If you (fischman mainly, but others as well) have issues w/ the cleanliness of an A/C, may I suggest you write the company? Do it quite a few times, heck, get others to join you in your crusade. Maybe someone in management will hear your cries.

That is exactly what started this thread, and he got his head chewed off for it.

Latest resources

Back