• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My First Solo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats. I was some what lucky with my first solo sign-off, the lady already had her helicopter PPL(still don't know if it really helped that much). Just wait until those solo x-c's, they take way longer then you think.

I was late for my long solo xc...my instructor was calling the local tracons and rapcons looking for me....

Since then I've understood the "time to spare, go by air" mantra.

Last edited:
I remember my first solo....I was 13 and found a copy of Playboy in my Dad's dresser.....Ooops, wrong bulletin board. :erm:

Stifler's Mom said:
I remember my first solo....I was 13 and found a copy of Playboy in my Dad's dresser.....Ooops, wrong bulletin board. :erm:

:laugh: Thank god for Hugh!

Anyway Congrats Mini!

I haven't soloed my first student yet, but before I do I think I'll invest in Phillip Morris stock!

ePilot22--Your avatar should be a recruiting poster for FFDO's! :D TC

AA717driver said:
ePilot22--Your avatar should be a recruiting poster for FFDO's! :D TC

Yeah, it is! I found it on the TSA website!

Actually I don't think the government would really want Hunter Thompson with a gun at the controls of an aircraft, but then again...........

Notice the chrome plate shotty behind the yoke. Ouch!

i soloed at like 9 or 10 hours... was i THAT good, or did my instructor (since he was leaving for airnet) suddenly stop caring...???

cforst513 said:
i soloed at like 9 or 10 hours... was i THAT good, or did my instructor (since he was leaving for airnet) suddenly stop caring...???
Option #2 most likely. ;)

Did you focus solely on takeoffs and landings in all ur 9 or 10 hours of dual? Or was other stuff mixed in as well?

cforst513 said:

Maybe your instructor was THAT good!

Latest resources

Back