• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My entire outlook on SWA has changed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fubi said: "That's why we're so adamant about you trying to screw AAI guys".

The AAI pilots can vote to accept the SWA SL or reject and go to arbitration. I don't see how SWA pilots or SWAPA are "screwing" the AAI pilots...could you explain?

You don't consider stapling 650 guys, banning them from upgrading for a decade and stealing 30% of AAI Captain seniority a screw job?

Better take off those Canyon Blue lenses. They're blinding you to reality.

You don't consider stapling 650 guys, banning them from upgrading for a decade and stealing 30% of AAI Captain seniority a screw job?

Better take off those Canyon Blue lenses. They're blinding you to reality.

It's not stealing seniority when you hold the seat you can hold in the Master Seniority List.

Gup

Exactly. OYS, Genital and Fubag refuse to admit both companies could be run seperately. You can challenge them directly and they just quit posting...CLASSIC. I wonder why?

Doesn't the Process Agreement have a stipulation for integration of the two companies? I don't think ALPA would have signed it without one. Am I right?
Why would there be options for mediation and then arbitration without integration of the two companies?

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
That's why we're so adamant about you trying to screw AAI guys. We have no skin in the game. Its easier to be fair that way. That's how referees work, even though the fans think the refs are always against them.

As usual, if you have a differing opinion from SWA pilot groupthink, you're a hater. It must be wonderful living in a Canyon Blue cocoon.

Know one is screwing the AAI guy's or gal's. Having skin in the game would make your post's even more rational. I know you are going to say " well look at all the SWA guy's and their scare tactics. I think it is just us protecting our own. Just like the AT guy's are doing.

Our Canyon Blue cocoon is something that we cherish. The problem is you don't get it. It isn't all about the legacies and the attitude you bring along with ALPA. We are a success sharing pilot group. I bet 99% the AT guy's are in the same boat in relation to our mentality and culture.

I see the BS the SWA haters are trying to do. You need to understand that once combined you (ALPA) will never experience the positive relationship that we as a employee group have in relationship to management.

Once the OPS are combined, I hope the AT guy's let go of the past company and try to embrace the new.

I will try like hell to show the AT guy's and gal's the new and old. The new SWA that will evolve to a machine that brings the fun back into flying and what we expect out of this wild career.

For the AT guy's! Please understand our frustrations and why we may seem so out of control at times on FI. We know how good it is here and we only want to protect it.

Now with this being said, does this mean you (AT) are second class citizens. Not at all. It's kind of like the whole getting to know each work groups. I hope you see what the OTHERS (OYS,FUBI,and ZONE whatever) are trying to do. It is just to divide us.

Yes our mgt is scrappy and will protect our culture, but when you are here we will do the same for you.

Know one is screwing the AAI guy's or gal's. Having skin in the game would make your post's even more rational. I know you are going to say " well look at all the SWA guy's and their scare tactics. I think it is just us protecting our own. Just like the AT guy's are doing.

Our Canyon Blue cocoon is something that we cherish. The problem is you don't get it. It isn't all about the legacies and the attitude you bring along with ALPA. We are a success sharing pilot group. I bet 99% the AT guy's are in the same boat in relation to our mentality and culture.

I see the BS the SWA haters are trying to do. You need to understand that once combined you (ALPA) will never experience the positive relationship that we as a employee group have in relationship to management.

Once the OPS are combined, I hope the AT guy's let go of the past company
and try to embrace the new.

I will try like hell to show the AT guy's and gal's the new and old. The new SWA that will evolve to a machine that brings the fun back into flying and what we expect out of this wild career.

For the AT guy's! Please understand our frustrations and why we may seem so out of control at times on FI. We know how good it is here and we only want to protect it.

Now with this being said, does this mean you (AT) are second class citizens.

Not at all. It's kind of like the whole getting to know each work groups. I hope you see what the OTHERS (OYS,FUBI,and ZONE whatever) are trying to do. It is just to divide us

Yes our mgt is scrappy and will protect our culture, but when you are here we will do the same for you.

Texman,

The heat in Texas is melting your brain. We are not trying to divide your groups, you are doing a great job of that on your own. It started with the offer your union made to the AT pilots. Obviously the MEC there saw big problems, which were also seen by the rest of us. Not everyone can be bought, which is something SWAPA and maybe your management misunderstood. GK wanted this merger, and he will have to pay everyone the same to get equal work. We all thought it was interesting he took the pay off the table almost immediately after the first offer was turned down, which really won't unite the groups. Punish them for wanting QOL! That's not fair, and if this goes to arbitration, it will be decided fairly by neutrals, which is something some people on here fear.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
Texman,

The heat in Texas is melting your brain. We are not trying to divide your groups, you are doing a great job of that on your own. It started with the offer your union made to the AT pilots. Obviously the MEC there saw big problems, which were also seen by the rest of us. Not everyone can be bought, which is something SWAPA and maybe your management misunderstood. GK wanted this merger, and he will have to pay everyone the same to get equal work. We all thought it was interesting he took the pay off the table almost immediately after the first offer was turned down, which really won't unite the groups. Punish them for wanting QOL! That's not fair, and if this goes to arbitration, it will be decided fairly by neutrals, which is something some people on here fear.

Godspeed!

OYS

I nor does SWA pilot's fear anything. Who is punishing who? It is all business. Are we supposed to roll over. Hell no! Are the AT guy's, Hell no! So what is your point????????????????????? Once SOC it will be up to you to understand that the customer service is about to get so much better in ATL. You wast to much energy on this. YOU HAVE NO CONTROL ON HOW THIS WILL GO DOWN.
Bye Bye 757. Have fun flying the new 737-900.

I nor does SWA pilot's fear anything. Who is punishing who? It is all business. Are we supposed to roll over. Hell no! Are the AT guy's, Hell no! So what is your point????????????????????? Once SOC it will be up to you to understand that the customer service is about to get so much better in ATL. You wast to much energy on this. YOU HAVE NO CONTROL ON HOW THIS WILL GO DOWN.
Bye Bye 757. Have fun flying the new 737-900.

That 739ER actually looks like a nice plane, but with the amount of retirements we have on the way, I'll be on something larger than that soon. We have a small bid out now for A330 openings at different bases, and a bigger bid in October for flying next year. We had 130 senior captains just take an early out deal, along with 38 senior FOs mainly on the 330 and 744. That's called upward movement.

And your pilots do fear arbitration, primarily because the main guy who stokes your egos, a certain CEO we know, won't have any say in the binding award. If you do it, that award will hang over your heads forever. Seniority is so important in our business.

Godspeed!

OYS

Once the OPS are combined, I hope the AT guy's let go of the past company and try to embrace the new.

Now with this being said, does this mean you (AT) are second class citizens. Not at all. It's kind of like the whole getting to know each work groups. I hope you see what the OTHERS (OYS,FUBI,and ZONE whatever) are trying to do. It is just to divide us.

Yes our mgt is scrappy and will protect our culture, but when you are here we will do the same for you. Once you guy's have proven yourselves at the bottom of the seniority list.

Did you let your 7 year old type this as you ranted?

Everyone note that Fudgy is posting at noon, then 1400,1500,2300,midnight then at 0800 the next morning. That's hilarious. It's not even about his airline, yet it's the last thing he does before bed and the first thing he does in the morning. He is obsessed with Southwest Airlines. Anyone hazard a guess as to why? Dude, you need a Psych Eval. Seriously.

Latest resources

Back