• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My DAL Jumpseat Experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm always nice to my jumpseaters, but if I get ordered around (like I did on AirTran once) I take it - and say thanks for the free ride. I do not run over to Flight Info and slam the crew because as a jumpseater getting a freebie I do not think I've got complete information or any right to complain.

It was was General....

My thoughts exaclty, but was the plane going to some exotic, wonderful, far-off destination where you could eat zebra and sip on fancy, gooey blender drinks? It had to be, everyone at Delta flies those routes right?

Did he have a lapel pin or bag sticker that said, "I have 9000 posts on FI!?

First Air pilots lost their reciprocal agreement with PSA many years ago because of a letter of complaint sent to management about the crew on a flight. This is currently posted on one of our Local's website: Notice: "First Air pilots are banned from the PSA jumpseat. The Master Executive Council invoked the ban on June 3, 2001 due to misconduct by First Air pilots on a PSA flight in the Spring of 2001. PSA does not have a jumpseat agreement with First Air. "Read the complaint letter from a First Air captain that earned his airline banishment." This is a similar situation, though the First Air letter was complaining about crew technique, not crew attitude. But I agree with others that a letter to management is over-board for your experience. I've been treated the same way on a couple of rare occasions. It hurts the pride, but at least I got a ride. And what goes around, comes around for those kinds of people.

Letter to the chief? Don't be a d&$^ just because this guy was. Going to his CP isn't right. Go through your jumpseat coordinator and he'll have someone at DALPA talk to the jerk and set him straight. These things should be handled without involvement from management.

Good point, that would be a better route to take, I just didn't think of it. I just left a msg with my JS Chairman. Thanks. And for the guy who made excuses for him.....whatever.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo007
I had been to an unexpected funeral

I had to be at a wedding

Anyone else find this funny? :nuts:

Why is that funny? I was at a funeral the day before and was headed for a wedding the next day. It wasn't funny at all.

Last edited:
Let me first say that I have been jumping on Delta forever and the guys are always awesome. I can't say the same for the gate agents but the crews always go out of their way. Then this happened.

I show up at the gate last week at 7:30 for a 8:30 flt from SAV to ATL. I had been to an unexpected funeral and was headed back towards home. The flight is delayed until 9 am due to crew rest. No big deal. The crew shows up and boarding begins. I am standing out of the way with two other j/seaters when the agent tells us to "go on down and board".

I wasn't sure how many people were left to board but the agent said for us to go down do we did. I stuck my head in and the F/A said the CA was in the jetway. As I go to leave, I see him and he says " Hey Blue Shirt...Get out here and wait!" OK, he's pissed because I was blocking the line and there were several others still boarding. So I stay out of the way til everyone is on.

So I ease into the cockpit where this guy is and apologize for being in the way and told him I didn't realize there was still boarding going on and the agent had told us to come down. He replies angrily "DON'T BLAME IT ON THE AGENT...YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THAT AREN'T YOU?" I am stunned and just look at him. then he says "WELL, AREN'T YOU? WELL MAYBE YOU AREN'T"

I had to be at a wedding and I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO BE on this flight so I silently went and sat down. If that wasn't the case, I would have walked right off after telling him to "$@#@ himself". I have his name, base and employee number and a letter to the chief is forthcoming.

I know it won't do any good, but I have to do it. I have never been chastised that way for no reason. My Delta friends are furious about it. O well, I simply can't take SWA everywhere I need to go, but hopefully this is isolated. And no I wasn't dressed inapproprately and he had not seen my ID yet when he started yelling at me so even if he was a WN hater, that wasn't it either.

MD88 CA, CVG based. Thats all I will say.

I would like to know his name, since I have friends on the MD88 in CVG. If he really did treat you that way, he was either having a very bad day, or he is an azz. Every airline has them. Sorry about that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would like to know his name, since I have friends on the MD88 in CVG. If he really did treat you that way, he was either having a very bad day, or he is an azz. Every airline has them. Sorry about that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

....could he have been upset about going on a LBB layover? ;)

....could he have been upset about going on a LBB layover? ;)

Nope, we know that is not the case. Maybe he was upset since he knew he COULD'T go on a LBB layover? I know I cry about that all of the time! ;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back