• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My DAL Jumpseat Experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked with the J/S Coordinator today. It may not do any good. Whatever. Maybe it keeps this guy from mistreating anyone else the same way. Maybe not. Either way, thats the route I took.

For all of you "get over it" folks, I don't know if you commute or not but I do and I jumpseat alot. You are right that the j/s is a priveledge, not a right. That does not excuse demeaning another fellow pilot. So Waaaaaaaaah all you want.

You did the right thing...this is a JSC to JSC issue....if it needs to go higher then the JSC at Delta needs to work that route.

I talked with the J/S Coordinator today. It may not do any good. Whatever. Maybe it keeps this guy from mistreating anyone else the same way. Maybe not. Either way, thats the route I took.

For all of you "get over it" folks, I don't know if you commute or not but I do and I jumpseat alot. You are right that the j/s is a priveledge, not a right. That does not excuse demeaning another fellow pilot. So Waaaaaaaaah all you want.

you did the right thing. you'd be surprised to hear both sides of the story sometimes. maybe you'll gain some insight after the JSC receives feedback.

at any rate...it's best to leave it behind you. sorry about the funeral (and maybe the wedding also). hopefully your jumpseating experiences improve. i know i always have been treated well on Delta and SWA. the odds certainly favor a pleasant ride while hitching on either airline.

You did the right thing. Whether it does any good or not, at least you know that you took the high road and did what was right.

Debo007,
I wasn't there for your ATL to SAV leg with the grumpy Capt, but I was the F/O on the MD88 that took you from ATL to SAV for your funeral. It appears that your boarding interruptions are a trend.

You probably don't recall interrupting the Captain and I about 3 minutes to push with your dissertation about you funeral/wedding trip. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, that was the longest introduction I've ever seen." We were both still pleasant with you, but you need to realize that you're not the only one on the flight with a story.

I'm sure you know this with 7,000 hours, but a sub one-minute intro will suffice. In fact, if it's obvious that we're late, busy, and/or rushed and you're sitting in the back, just say "thank you" at the end of the flight and apologize for not doing it before hand.

Sorry that you ran into a bummed-out Capt, but those things happen. Take care.

One more thing...be thankful that you were never in Iraq, a freshman at a service academy, or a 2LT in a fighter squadron.

Thats still no excuse skibum1. Some people are just chatty thats no reason to be ********************ty.

Skibum1 you sound sore that he is setting a "trend" and that he has 7k hours. I do respect those who served our country but the reality is that civilians get to the majors faster in most cases. By the time we are your age you will be slinging gear for us. Get over it. I was never disiplined enough to join the mil. Bad taste to bring up what he discussed. Im sure he wasnt rude or disrespectful.

Maybe the Cptn was railing a FA and he just found out that morning that she gave him the gift that keeps of givin. Hence, the attitude problem. That could do it.

Latest resources

Back