• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My DAL Jumpseat Experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former PCL I too had my share of mainline Azz----s, they are everywhere. Since jump seating is a privilege my suggestion is to take it like a man and put it behind you. Just let it go, because even if the jumpseat committee talks to the guy, all they are going to achieve is to piss him off and cause retribution against the next freeloader

I would just chalk it up to a bad day and move on.

The folks at Delta and all the Regional partners have been wonderfull to me and most of the folks I see jumpseating. Sometimes I have been a little out of sync with the process during boarding, but that can happen at any carrier.

The way I look at it the CA let you stay on the flight and I would have to say that is mission accomp lished. So maybe he was having a bad day and the gate agent somehow charged the situation up a little. I would take a deep breath and file it away in my stories about why I hate jumpseating in general .:)

I second that. It's better to handle things amongst ourselves - Jumpseat Coordinators.

Every airline has its 5% a**hole factor. Too bad you ran into it on that day.

I agree with the General....There is the 5% factor....they are in every group. You did say that you have always been treated good by the Delta crews ( I have too), until this day...let it go.

You got to realize that some people are just.....

I'm always nice to my jumpseaters, but if I get ordered around (like I did on AirTran once) I take it - and say thanks for the free ride. I do not run over to Flight Info and slam the crew because as a jumpseater getting a freebie I do not think I've got complete information or any right to complain.

Exactly! Jumpseating is a privilege not a right. Just be lucky that you got on this flight that you "just had to be on" Turn in the Capt. Whaaaa:crying:

There is no reason to treat another professional pilot like that. People like that hide behind their authority. They are just pricks and cowards. That same guy proabably would never talk to someone like that outside of work lest they get their teeth kicked in. Yes Ive had the opportunity to do that and it felt great! Ive always treated jumpseaters with all the respect. Ive even kicked off mail to get them to work or where ever because I understand. We suffer enough sometimes due to the careers we choose, we dont need our fellow pilots to add to the anxiety.

Latest resources

Back