MX with the little guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RockBass14

Is MX with the little 1900 operators really THAT bad? I had a Xjet guy tell me he'd think twice about sending his family on a flight that included a colgan or lakes airplane. I know of the Colgan 1900 that crashed flying back for MX not to long ago, but you really dont hear much about FATAL accidents with these airlines, or do you?

Hey there Rockbass, I'm not really sure what that person had against Colgan or Lakes. But I have a couple friends at both places, and they've never indicated anything unsafe about their maintenance. They wouldn't last long as a 121 carrier if the feds thought the way your friend does. Tell your family to enjoy the ride...

Rockbass, you have to ask yourself a question, what qualifies that XJet guy to make a blanket statement like that? Was/is he a MX guy on those 1900's?

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, and thats just what they are, opinions. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody had one and they all stink.

RockBass14 said:
Is MX with the little 1900 operators really THAT bad? I had a Xjet guy tell me he'd think twice about sending his family on a flight that included a colgan or lakes airplane. I know of the Colgan 1900 that crashed flying back for MX not to long ago, but you really dont hear much about FATAL accidents with these airlines, or do you?
Another I heard story.

RockBass14 said:
...but you really dont hear much about FATAL accidents with these airlines, or do you?

Colgan B1900 crash off Hyannis killed two people.

Air Midwest B1900 crash at Charlotte killed 21 people.

Both within the last few years and both involved questionable maintenance practices.

RockBass14 said:

Because the XJET guy is some f*cking expert on the industry, right?

English said:
Colgan B1900 crash off Hyannis killed two people.

Air Midwest B1900 crash at Charlotte killed 21 people.

Both within the last few years and both involved questionable maintenance practices.

Both were 3rd party scab maintenance, think about that next time you jump on a northwest flight.

RockBass14 said:
This is a pretty reckless quote!!!

It's not just the 1900 operators that have crappy maint. There are other operators, some flying jets, that have extremely unsafe maint practices. The difference is that these haven't had an accident......yet.

Latest resources

Back