• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MX with the little guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe it has to do with all the Colgan guys on here who quit because they fear for their life. Maybe all those single engine landings Colgan seems to have? I'm not sure but me thinks I'm a little safer flying someone reputable than an airline that contracts it MX out to the lowest bidder.

I know we have at least one commuter who takes eagle through DFW to get to IAH rather than fly direcet to IAH on Colgan.

A little silly if you ask me, especially if you've ever instructed in a rust bucket 172 (I'm sure a colgan saab is as safe as a qantas 747 by comparison), but they do seem to have a lot of problems for a 121 carrier. We (expressjet) have to deadhead on colgan every so often so it can't be completely avoided. Personally the only problem I have with the whole operation is that I wish we still did the prop flying for CAL, but I don't really blame colgan or their pilots, mostly my own company and continental for letting that go.

The egos on some of you expressjet guys are amazing!!!

RockBass14 said:
Is MX with the little 1900 operators really THAT bad? I had a Xjet guy tell me he'd think twice about sending his family on a flight that included a colgan or lakes airplane. I know of the Colgan 1900 that crashed flying back for MX not to long ago, but you really dont hear much about FATAL accidents with these airlines, or do you?
Or into Beaumont with a checkairman on Express!!!

Nine thirty one wasn't a revenue flight or out of maintenance.

What about the Eagle SF-340 that ran off the runway at Killeen? What about the Eagle SF-340 that had too much air in the fuel tanks that put it in the rice paddy near New Roads, LA? Those were both revenue flights. The only thing that should be MEL'd is the loose nut behind the yoke.

xjavro85 said:
Both were 3rd party scab maintenance, think about that next time you jump on a northwest flight.

I don't believe that to be true about the colgan flight?

ATLplt said:
Didn't XJET have to shut one down into MEM last week??

Who cares.....we have 1400 flights a day. I'm thinking we go through an engine or two a month. Colgan has, what 8 flights?

RockBass14 said:
Is MX with the little 1900 operators really THAT bad?

Depends on what "little 1900 operator" you're talking about. CommutAir's maintenance is very, very good.

Latest resources

Back