• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Must See Video - Midwest pilots furloughed after Republic takeover

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if Republic guys need a ride to work? Hate to say it, but maybe if they can't get to work, they won't work. Nothing personal, they'll fly whatever their management screws them into, and again, nothing personal, they should buy them tickets to get to work. A lot of cancelled flights due to no crews, means a failed airline going belly up. No worries there, the airline is already shut down in my eyes.

Good luck to all who have lost everything, may your landing be smooth wherever life takes you

Too many douch bags out there willing to fly a RJ for poverty wages. It has destroyed this profession. I hope they like being a lifer at the commuter level.

Last edited:
Wow, ALPA, and their paid MEC members appear to be very active. Where were they during the YX "codeshare" arbitration?

I don't remember a similar, heartfelt video during the demise of ATA. Wasn't ATA an ALPA carrier?

Too many douch bags out there willing to fly a RJ for poverty wages. It has destroyed this profession. I hope they like being a lifer at the commuter level.

You including Compass in there too ? The massive $42/hr top out to year ,um,18!

You including Compass in there too ? The massive $42/hr top out to year ,um,18!

A contract negoiated by it's mainline parents. Yeah blame the compass people but the crap a$$ contract was developed by nwa mainline mec! Looking in the mirror is harder than it seems sometimes...

On this - mcdu and I agree. To furlough and outsource at the same time is unforgivable - unions should have had a line in the sand. Strikes should have been organized- and if it were derailed by the govt - resignation letters in mass.

I know where this "burn it down" attitude comes from and I don't fault you for your frustration. I do wonder though, if everyone took this position say at United, Delta, etc., who do you think would replace that flying once those companies were burned down?

It's very sad... just what someone said above that furloughes while outsourcing is unacceptable. Look at this link below. It tells the whole story while Midwest mgt. acts like nothing changed...

http://www.midwestairlines.com/AboutUs/PlaneTypes.aspx

Nothing in this industry will change until a line is drawn in the sand. Republic pilots need to look at themselves in the mirror and take it upon themselves to change what they've supported by flying these new and usurped routes. You guys are semi-major now and need to do whatever it takes to get your contracts up to major levels. You want to play on the big playground w/ the big guys? Then you better start acting like it. Stop accepting the crappy regional rates to fly the 90-100 seaters and bring that pay up to the major level. It's all up to you guys now that you've taken all the flying at Midwest and soon Frontier away... if you Republic guys want the respect you think you deserve then you better make it worth it. What was done to a proud heritage at Midwest was made possible by your (Republic pilots) support to fly those routes for crappy wages. Hope you are proud of your support to take this industry down even further than I thought it would go.

Tailhookah

I know where this "burn it down" attitude comes from and I don't fault you for your frustration. I do wonder though, if everyone took this position say at United, Delta, etc., who do you think would replace that flying once those companies were burned down?

In this case the company was still burned... And at so many others- how many have been recalled to jobs not worth coming back to. Where is your line in the sand?

Latest resources

Back