• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Must See Video - Midwest pilots furloughed after Republic takeover

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This nothing new. Usair east furloughed 1800 pilots and republic replaced them With about 70 e170. it happened at united to. All under alpa. Why is anybody surprised. they did it before.

M

Last edited:
Outstanding class Midwest MEC and pilots- even through to the bitter end. It would be an absolute honor to share a flight deck with any one of you. Total class in my book............I am sorry that others do not harbor the same respect for you as I.

On this - mcdu and I agree. To furlough and outsource at the same time is unforgivable - unions should have had a line in the sand. Strikes should have been organized- and if it were derailed by the govt - resignation letters in mass.

It's a damn shame that the video of Midwest's last flight and the farewell of a great group of employees was tainted by the presence of the likes of bloodsucking ALPA national.

Union yes, ALPA no.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how that video will be used (i.e., are they distributing it to news organizations, documentary writers, etc.)?

It was a good video. It's sad that hoeksema ruined a great airline, while getting filthy rich.

You'd think that, for such an event as this, management would be present at some microphone/camera, somewhere. But, in the local news, management wasn't anywhere to be seen. Not on this video, either. Truly sad.

Latest resources

Back